Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by The Composer
But more importantly, this being possible opens up a lot of doors for the modding community to add their own individual modules, campaigns and what not and attach it onto the main game if wanting to. This never really took off in Dos2 because of (apart from being a lot of work) having to compete with other creators due to how the engine works, so two different creators couldn't really both add new world content (land masses, areas) without closely collaborating and artificially expanding their mod's size, and a whole other basket of side-effects.
Well for me, a huge *fear* about the game has to do with precisely this: leaving so much of the game to modders to "fix." I am not at all modding-savvy, and don't even have a Nexus Mods account. For me, first of all finding the mods, then downloading them, then adding them to the game using some third-party mod-manager, and then getting everything to work together without any problems or conflicts ... this is extremely daunting and quite frankly scary. So if mods are how things are going to get addressed in BG3, and it absolutely should *not* be that way to begin with for any game, then the #1 thing I want and need in BG3 is a built-in mod-managing system.

I understand that (and agree), however I'm not sure where the relevance is to my fear :P It's nothing to do with fixing anything as a modder, just the removal of a limitation for modders to make their own stuff, because making mods is the game for some people - Such as me that has spend more time modding Larian games, than actually playing them. But on that subject I also think players would enjoy being able to go back to places they've been before in the game as well.

veteran
veteran
I'm also very anti-mods. I hate them. I like to play multiplayer and mods also mess that up.

And since modding is a thing, a 5e D&D game should play exactly like 5e. You can mod it to play more like DOS, or whatever. Not the other way around.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by M3r4
My single biggest fear with BG3 is if the party control system stays the same. I absolutely loathe the chain thing. I understand why it's there, that it's better for people who play with a controller or for multi-player.
Is I though? For multiplayer the chain system doesn’t bring anything that classic system couldn’t do better. For controller maybe I can see it, but there have been ports of other cRPG to consoles that I hear play fine - can’t confirm myself, as I played those on PC with M&K.

And if their excuse for clunky chain controls is a console port that hasn’t yet happen nor was confirmed, then it’s a poor excuse indeed.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by 1varangian
I'm also very anti-mods. I hate them. I like to play multiplayer and mods also mess that up.

And since modding is a thing, a 5e D&D game should play exactly like 5e. You can mod it to play more like DOS, or whatever. Not the other way around.

Awesome varangian.

addict
addict
That they increase the numbers of barrels, crates, and bookshelves.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ranxerox
That they increase the numbers of barrels, crates, and bookshelves.

There is an awful lot of them, ain't it 😅

I think this could be less overwhelming with a better inventory (and looting) system.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by The Composer
I understand that (and agree), however I'm not sure where the relevance is to my fear :P It's nothing to do with fixing anything as a modder, just the removal of a limitation for modders to make their own stuff, because making mods is the game for some people - Such as me that has spend more time modding Larian games, than actually playing them. But on that subject I also think players would enjoy being able to go back to places they've been before in the game as well.

I do like the idea of being able to go back to areas we saw earlier in the game and things having changed there as a result of what we did, rather than them just being stuck as they were when we left, or not being able to return at all.

And while I’m not personally much of a user of mods that add story or change gameplay, it feels true to D&D that BG3 should facilitate modders adding their own adventures that other players can enjoy, and that would also potentially extend the longevity of the game. I’ll take your word for what would be needed to support content creation, as I’ve not tried anything like that since an overambitious and abortive attempt at a NWN module back in the day!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
I
old hand
old hand
I
That its Larian style goofy and the combat relies on gotcha exploits instead of how D&D combat is supposed to work.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alexlotr
Originally Posted by Alix
I fear BG3 would not reach that, because of the to difficult fightings
I don't get it. You really fear it would be too hard even on the easiest difficulty setting?

I hope there will be an "story difficulty" with easy and quick to win battles. I stop playing the game some months ago in the goblin camp. Needing more than an hour to defeat 4 out of 15 opponents and your own party almost dead? Where is the fun in such an situation?

Now I wait for an easy modus and play D:OS2 for the 8th time. Or maybe I give the game a other try, because there are some patches for fights. But I fear without an easy mode or an cheat I never manage to finish the game.

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alexlotr
I fear BG3 would not reach that, because of the to difficult fightings
I don't get it. You really fear it would be too hard even on the easiest difficulty setting?

I hope there will be an "story difficulty" with easy and quick to win battles. I stop playing the game some months ago in the goblin camp. Needing more than an hour to defeat 4 out of 15 opponents and your own party almost dead? Where is the fun in such an situation?

Now I wait for an easy modus and play D:OS2 for the 8th time. Or maybe I give the game a other try, because there are some patches for fights. But I fear without an easy mode or an cheat I never manage to finish the game.
part of the thing is you will be able to just wait a few more levels at release... i find the golblin camp very easy but if you wanted to do it at level 6 or 7 instead of level 3 that will help you

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
part of the thing is you will be able to just wait a few more levels at release... i find the golblin camp very easy but if you wanted to do it at level 6 or 7 instead of level 3 that will help you
Presuming there wont be level caps for each Act.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
My biggest fear is that the collapse of civilization will occur before the game releases.

This would really ruin my post-apocalyptic strategy of hiding in my underground bunker and playing BG3 while subsisting on canned food and bottled water until the mutants/Zombies/MAGA Cultists/whatever find and eat me.

Seriously I see collapse-related headlines and I am like "Not yet!"

Look I can handle the end of the world, but I would hate to be bored.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 02/09/22 12:04 AM.

Blackheifer
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

If the world is to end, let its ending be swift.

That said...I would hope a portal to a fantasy realm - and one at least reasonably survivable if not outright idyllic - opens up and allows me to escape this banal insanity.

old hand
old hand
My biggest fear is that the collapse of civilization will occur before the game releases.

This would really ruin my post-apocalyptic strategy of hiding in my underground bunker and playing BG3 while subsisting on canned food and bottled water until the mutants/Zombies/MAGA Cultists/whatever find and eat me.

LMAO

Well, you still gotta admit that things are more hopeful now than they were a couple years ago. Especially as the full release day inches ever closer.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 02/09/22 03:43 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Especially as the full release day inches ever closer.

For a split-second, I thought you were referring to an apocalypse; then, I thought "Why would the end of the world have a release day?". Are we the beta testers for the next reincarnation of the universe?

veteran
veteran

I have a deal with unspecified higher-being ... that world will not end until i play Bloodlines 2 ...
So keep calm, we have few more ceturies at least. wink

D
addict
addict
D
End of the world release day makes sense if we are living in a simulation created by humans (or human descendants) in the distant future.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

I have a deal with unspecified higher-being ... that world will not end until i play Bloodlines 2 ...
So keep calm, we have few more ceturies at least. wink

I still think its been cancelled. No update since feb 2021? C'mon! haha!

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Most likely ...
Meaning even more time for BG-3!

enthusiast
enthusiast
My only real fear for release is that its rushed. Don't need to elaborate I think smile As to mods, my preference is only to use them when they enhance the game in some way, not change it dramatically. But modding is life for old games and if skilled modders keep BG3 fresh for the next decade, that would be just awesome.

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard