Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
On other topics, I find it really difficult to care about conversations regarding the reaction system in particular anymore. I've said my piece over the years, and we're at a point in BG3's development where it's safe to assume that you should just cut your losses, accept that the reaction system is essentially finalized at this point, and enjoy things for what they are. Evidently the BG3 subreddit is sort of in the same mood on this topic lately too, from how people on both sides of the aisle have basically completely shut up about it at this point.

Okay, slightly going against my own appeals to keep this post about the game’s good points here, but hope folk will forgive me as I’m still trying to be positive!

I had assumed the reason things had gone quiet on reactions is because there’s been lots of good discussion, people have made their points, and Larian have said they’re working on improving reactions. Now, until we see what they come up with, there doesn’t seem to be much point in going round and round over the same ground. I’m sure we can all look forward to lots more bracing debate about reactions once we see Larian’s changes to the system.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Ahem. Now... Sorry folks. I know this post is meant to be more positive, but I really can't help it when someone PICKS on someone else for not liking shove.

Reading comprehension level: 0

Disagreeing with them is picking on them? I even clarified that wanting it toned down is fine, but the hyperbolic obsession with that singular mechanic is comical. Even in your post you write paragraphs about the true realistic nature of shoving in a game where a barbarian can be so mad that stabbing them is less effective.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by AmuroSaotome
Ahem. Now... Sorry folks. I know this post is meant to be more positive, but I really can't help it when someone PICKS on someone else for not liking shove.

Disagreeing with them is picking on them? I even clarified that wanting it toned down is fine, but the hyperbolic obsession with that singular mechanic is comical. Even in your post you write paragraphs about the true realistic nature of shoving in a game where a barbarian can be so mad that stabbing them is less effective.

NOT okay. You said “The obsession with complaining about shoves is actually brain rot” in your previous post and that’s not just disagreeing, that’s being unnecessarily rude. As is your new post. As well as being off topic.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by The_Red_Queen
that’s being unnecessarily rude

I'm matching the tone of the discourse. Is my hyperbole worse than theirs?

veteran
veteran
I'm matching the tone of the discourse. Is my hyperbole worse than theirs?
You can hear yourself, right?

veteran
veteran

Your reading comprehension is 0? That explains a few things. Lol. Now don't get all offended. That was meant as a joke. Trying to lighten ya up. This is supposed to be a positive thread.

Seriously. Let's not argue about Shove on this thread. It's been argued to death. Besides, I'm right and you're wrong. 😜

Last edited by GM4Him; 02/09/22 02:21 AM.
veteran
veteran
I'm matching the tone of the discourse.

Your reading comprehension is 0? That explains a few things. Lol. Now don't get all offended. That was meant as a joke. Trying to lighten ya up.

Fighting fire with fire is just more arson. Keep it civil please 😊

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Composer
I'm matching the tone of the discourse.

Your reading comprehension is 0? That explains a few things. Lol. Now don't get all offended. That was meant as a joke. Trying to lighten ya up.

Fighting fire with fire is just more arson. Keep it civil please 😊

Awe! Seriously? I really did mean it as a joke - like a dwarf with his companions having an insult contest. "You're hurling an insult at me? Hee hee. Good one. All right. How's this one for ya?"

But I guess it might end in tragedy so...

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by The_Red_Queen
I had assumed the reason things had gone quiet on reactions is because there’s been lots of good discussion, people have made their points, and Larian have said they’re working on improving reactions. Now, until we see what they come up with, there doesn’t seem to be much point in going round and round over the same ground. I’m sure we can all look forward to lots more bracing debate about reactions once we see Larian’s changes to the system.

I really wasn't going to post in here again, but I figure it's worth pointing out that the new community manager's statement on reactions was actually a very non-committal 'we're looking into it' statement that could be interpreted a bunch of different ways. And lately I've been seeing people twisting that statement into 'they're definitely changing the reaction system!' on Reddit and on Larian's discord.

Ironically, it's not even the people crowing for reactions for years that are stretching the statement that far. Don't do that to yourselves.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 03/09/22 08:14 AM.
addict
addict
1... actually do love that I can kill Zhalk and take his sword, even if it is insane that I can do so and even if the sword winds up being OP and the only sword my fighter uses for the rest of the game from that time on. I admit it. I'm severely tempted every time to just attack Zhalk and kill him, and if I fail, reload.

4. Replayability. I've never played a game over and over and over again like this one, and we're only in EA. NEVER.
I agree with all your points, but I wanted to comment on these 2...
Don't stop at Zhalk...kill them all. The mind flayer and both cambions too. (without leveling up). Takes some doing...but VERY rewarding both in game and emotionally.

The replayability is off the charts. I know I get a lot of grief, but even if we got no more than the initial release...totally worth the $$ spent to me. The rest is icing. I am literally dying waiting for more story content. And it's so good, how could you not play it again and try different options? I get people's frustrations with some of it and their dreams of the perfect game it could be to them...but it's so good already.

And I know I am really going to have some people go out of their minds with this statement... As blown away as I was by BG1 and NWN when they came out... to me this is even better.

Call me a fanboy....I get it. My only hope is that BG3 is like Pools of Radiance... so good that many more are made after it. Like this game is to me as amazing and good as when I did PnP Temple of Elemental Evil back in... I dunno 1990ish?

I'll stop now.

Last edited by RumRunner151; 06/09/22 08:46 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RumRunner151
Like this game is to me as amazing and good as when I did PnP Temple of Elemental Evil back in... I dunno 1990ish?

Same. I can practically quote the Temple of Elemental Evil module from memory.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard