Originally Posted by GM4Him
Originally Posted by MelivySilverRoot
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Personaly i dont think this necesarily "need" any solution ... after all, its not something that could occur "non-intentionaly". smile

I agree. Also..."It's a legitimate strategy!" that allows a more strategical approach to combat which I love!

In my opinion, it's also more logical this way. Ennemies are only made aware of someone's presence when stepping out of the shadows to strike...or on failed Stealth checks obviously :p

I disagree. We discussed this topic before. I was able to have one character lock the bulette in combat and then just had one character with good stealth sitting there pummeling the creature until it died. The creature didn't even get a single attack. It just froze there while my stealth character wiped to the floor with it. That's just broken.

It's one thing if you get a single attack against a frozen Target and then you are pulled into combat. Each round you might still continue to maintain stealth, but you should be a part of the rounds from the moment you make the first attack. You should not be able to just sit there in some non-turn-based setting pummeling an enemy that is locked in turn base.

In fairness, what you're describing is a glitch, a bug. It's worse in certain areas than others. For instance, the kua-toa. If you have one person start combat with them far enough away from the other characters then the other characters can snipe away as much as they want. It's not supposed to work that way though. It's just a bug in the system.

In general, when you attack, you're pulled into combat. What's more, you're pulled in and have to wait until the start of the next round to act again.

A lot of times the attempt at stealth can work against you, causing you to miss a turn. This happens when an enemy goes and happens to spot you, pulling you into the initiative order. You'll notice that you get pulled in with an hourglass over your character, signifying that you have to wait for the next round to act.

It took me a while to figure out the stealth system, but now that I understand it better I find it interesting. It's important to pay attention to the cursor when you're hiding. Stealth is about more than just the vision cones. There are areas that are well lit, partially obscured and heavily obscured. Those conditions have a big impact on whether or not you're noticed when you're hiding, even when you happen to be inside a vision cone.