But this is 5E D&D - not DOS. So yes, I do want them to fix it. The current stealth system is not very realistic, or 5E-like, and properly designed encounters sholdn't require you to 'cheese' anything. Finding exploits is somethingh that EA and user testing can identify. I am afraid though that this may well be 'it' - so much of DOS has slid into BG3, perhaps due to DOS engine limitations.

The ability to see vision cones is simply wrong - you should not have access to that kind of information (directly taken from DOS). Also, patrolling/lurking characters should turn around more often and they should be engaging all their other senses, not just vision (which for some creatures means you almost certainly *can't* sneak up on them). Many monsters have incredibnly keen senses and you'd be extremley luckly to surpise them, especially if you have an armoured fighter stomping about.

Also pre-buffing is not 'cheesing' - that is the point of buff spells/abilities. 5E limits that via concentration (although you can still guzzle potions etc and the insane amount of consumables further exacerbates issues around balance). That issue aside, you make a tactical decision as to which buffs you can have active for an encounter (only 1 cocentration buff). Older versons of D&D allowed a ludicrous amount of buffing, and it then became mandatory for every encounter. I was not sorry to see that go. The lack of attunement limits in BG3 has also meant you can load up on buffing magic items in a way that is not consistent with 5E rules - again, leading to over-powered characters and the need to try and beef up opponents (unsuccessfully in many cases).