Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21
Tabyss #833277 27/11/22 09:00 AM
S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Tabyss
Meanwhile in the Hogwarts Legacy…

seasons (in this case autumn) and day/night cycle…

Don’t think it gonna be super perfect game but i really like how they nailed this sort of stuffs there. I can’t stop admiring.

And they post here and there little teasing stuffs like this, while someone at Larian makes tik tok, vomit garbage on their main yt page and calling that “communication with community” i guess?

Just take a look at first few seconds of this video and then look at Bg3 how dead, static and non immersive it is… how can that be acceptable to some people and they would settle for less i really cannot fathom…/sadness
I added some more videos:

https://youtube.com/shorts/Y7wNXVj9d_o?feature=share
Hogwarts Legacy scope isn't even the same as BG3. The former goal is to emulate a scholarship at Hogwarts so of course it will have to simulate the progression of seasons like the books did.

snowram #833278 27/11/22 10:10 AM
veteran
veteran
It seems like im missing your point ...
I dont see any transition there, just one location during the night, and another one during the day ... there is sunny on one location, cloudy on another, and raining on another ...

BG-3 have this aswell. O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
snowram #833281 27/11/22 11:05 AM
T
stranger
stranger
T
They both gonna be AAA RPGs. And what is Larian goal in Bg3?
Just to cash in, because of it’s name for little care of us older fans of the franchise? They can’t even respect the source. From the devs to their dear musician (Props to the artist who made that world map tho,love you whoever you are and u deserve damn raise)

Why Baldurs Gate 3 doesn’t follow time progression like Bg1 and Bg2 had?
Hogwarts could just cut off the whole this D/n thing too.
Hey, I don’t see it being neccessary in this game neither!
I think older Harry Potter games didn’t have! (As far i know)
But these devs are stepping their game up.
Bg3 was opportunity for Larian to step up too and finally include d/n cycles.

This is their maximum i guess lol:

https://youtube.com/shorts/TzLqlpz6bFo?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/UhvjWG5Kn7k?feature=share

Being a dev clowns.

And cater to these kind of crowds of sad people who can’t make normal social interaction in rl :)):

https://www.pcgamesn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/baldurs-gate-3-sex-storyboard.jpg

Even my basement developer friend, makes his rpg better than them.
Really looking forward for Bg3 release and review shitstorm, so they can land on ground abit after that Dos euphoria. That really got too much into their heads.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
It seems like im missing your point ...
I dont see any transition there, just one location during the night, and another one during the day ... there is sunny on one location, cloudy on another, and raining on another ...

BG-3 have this aswell. O_o

Sorry i edited my post. I added more videos. The last link didn’t open preview but you can clearly see it there.
Am just mad others games include this and Bg3 doesn’t x”D
These games just put salt on my Bg3 wound.
Oh yeah sure Bg3 have it hahaha. It looks so natural and smooth just like it did in Divinity games,right??? XD. For sure i know when i come to this one particular place, from super bright sunny place to rainy place and then i move one step and its super sunny again. HAHAHA dude please…what an award worthy transition.

Last edited by Tabyss; 27/11/22 11:24 AM.
Tabyss #833283 27/11/22 11:20 AM
veteran
veteran
Just to cash in, because of it’s name for little care of us older fans of the franchise? They can’t even respect the source. From the devs to their dear musician (Props to the artist who made that world map tho,love you whoever you are and u deserve damn raise)

Being a dev clowns.

And cater to these kind of crowds of sad people who can’t make normal social interaction in rl :)):

https://www.pcgamesn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/baldurs-gate-3-sex-storyboard.jpg

Really looking forward for Bg3 release and review shitstorm, so they can land on ground abit after that Dos euphoria. That really got too much into their heads.

I like your optimism. Always happy to see old fans that love playing BG3 and look forward to its release.

They should also add flying brooms into the game, since Hogwarts has it.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider

Being a dev clowns.

I like your optimism. Always happy to see old fans that love playing BG3 and look forward to its release.

They should also add flying brooms into the game, since Hogwarts has it.

Laezel could pass for the Voldemort,so am up for having flying brooms in Bg3

Last edited by Tabyss; 30/11/22 02:04 AM.
GM4Him #833286 27/11/22 12:08 PM
veteran
veteran
Though you do come off rather unhinged and ready to pick a fight, Tabyss. Calm down please. Giving you a day off so you can get some time to think about why namecalling and certain behaviors isn't a good way to go about with.

(And before you get the idea, I perma-ban anyone who make alt accounts to circumvent timeouts.)

GM4Him #833287 27/11/22 12:12 PM
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
EDIT:

Removing my snarky reply since the moderator took care of it. smile

Last edited by Lake Plisko; 27/11/22 12:14 PM.
Tabyss #833306 27/11/22 06:02 PM
E
addict
addict
E

What are they trying to achieve with these videos exactly, because I don't understand? Are they aimed at children? Are there people who here who find them funny or enlightening somehow? Please explain as I am at a total loss. I don't know, they sort of feel like some lowest common denominator bullshit content that really isn't befitting of a game with the the legacy of BG. Totally inappropriate IMO.

As for the sex storyboard, I'm quite impressed at how much work went into it. Maybe they could put that much effort into imagining a D/N cycle.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Etruscan
What are they trying to achieve with these videos exactly, because I don't understand?
Free publicity?

I mean, we are talking about it, dont we? laugh
+ there are hunderts of views and shares across all social media.

And how long it took to create this, five minutes tops? laugh

I would call it good deal.
Why pay for some huge advertising campaign, if your product can be known by short video you can create during your time on toilet? laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 27/11/22 06:14 PM.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
As for the sex storyboard, I'm quite impressed at how much work went into it. Maybe they could put that much effort into imagining a D/N cycle.

I'm not saying this is how I prioritize video game features... but if you think the vast majority of players care as much about day/night cycle as they do romance options in a game like Baldur's Gate 3 - then you are very, very wrong. Haha.

E
addict
addict
E
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Free publicity?

I mean, we are talking about it, dont we? laugh
+ there are hunderts of views and shares across all social media.

And how long it took to create this, five minutes tops? laugh

I would call it good deal.
Why pay for some huge advertising campaign, if your product can be known by short video you can create during your time on toilet? laugh

Rag, I understand perfectly well that they have done it for publicity. My point is the content is banal. You have this wonderful, heavyweight IP and this is how you decide to promote your new iteration of it?

Originally Posted by Lake Plisko
I'm not saying this is how I prioritize video game features... but if you think the vast majority of players care as much about day/night cycle as they do romance options in a game like Baldur's Gate 3 - then you are very, very wrong. Haha.

Oh, I know that very well. I've known for a very long time I am not the target audience for BG3 but it saddens me I had to see those TikTok videos and a sex storyboard to really nail that coffin lid shut once and for all.

GM4Him #833317 27/11/22 10:26 PM
veteran
veteran
Honestly? Yes! smile
Yes i would. laugh

If nothing else it shows quite well that you dont concider it heavyweight. laugh

And i find that message to be most important, especialy concidering how many people expect BG-3 to "live up to the IP legacy" wich as i read this forum sometimes seems almost impossible. :-/

Its cheap, it sends the message, it does it work quite well ... i dont see even single reason why not do it.
Sure, some hardcore fans of previous games will dislike it ... but they would dislike this game anyway, so what? smile

GM4Him #833338 28/11/22 10:21 AM
veteran
veteran
So I watched those and...myself personally I'm of two minds. On the one hand, I don't think there's anything wrong with them in principle. The content doesn't really bother me and I do think it's good to always remember that these are games and it's okay to have fun with them and not take them too seriously. On the other hand though, I think part of the problem people have that ads like this exacerbate is that it feels as though Larian doesn't really have a lot of care for the setting, and that's what I think a lot of the day/night cycle issues stem from for people. Larian obviously cares about the game and the experience of the game, but the setting of Faerun itself? Thus far it feels very indistinct, like a lot of details that are tied together with string, rather than a deep, fleshed out, lived-in world. I've started Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and while the day and night differences can be fun, I think the starkest difference in how it treats the setting vs BG3 is that the setting just felt richer. Maybe that's just a consquence of being able to go more places? But in the first game it felt like a place where people actually lived, and it doesn't really feel the same in BG3.

E
addict
addict
E
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
So I watched those and...myself personally I'm of two minds. On the one hand, I don't think there's anything wrong with them in principle. The content doesn't really bother me and I do think it's good to always remember that these are games and it's okay to have fun with them and not take them too seriously. On the other hand though, I think part of the problem people have that ads like this exacerbate is that it feels as though Larian doesn't really have a lot of care for the setting, and that's what I think a lot of the day/night cycle issues stem from for people. Larian obviously cares about the game and the experience of the game, but the setting of Faerun itself? Thus far it feels very indistinct, like a lot of details that are tied together with string, rather than a deep, fleshed out, lived-in world. I've started Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and while the day and night differences can be fun, I think the starkest difference in how it treats the setting vs BG3 is that the setting just felt richer. Maybe that's just a consquence of being able to go more places? But in the first game it felt like a place where people actually lived, and it doesn't really feel the same in BG3.

I hear you, of and by themselves the Tiktoks are harmless. That was insightful of you to see the bigger picture with the IP as a whole and Larian’s relative lack of care for it; I suppose that is why the tiktoks bother me so much.

You can tell in BG1&2 that some of the devs (I assume) played D&D or at least researched it in depth. It was a love letter of sorts to the game world. BG3 feels like a loveletter Larian have written to themselves.

veteran
veteran
BG3 feels like a loveletter Larian have written to themselves.

I just want to quote this, because that's a really good summation of many things that I feel. They spend a great deal of energy patting themselves on the back and self-fellating about how awesome everything they're doing is, it's a wonder they've had time to make a game at all, sometimes...

GM4Him #833358 28/11/22 02:17 PM
S
old hand
old hand
S
Considering the current industry definition of a love letter, I'll take the version of Larian any day over the one from anyone else. For exemple Electronic Art before the latest Battlefield game launch :
[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]
Can't deny that I am still mad about this one.

GM4Him #833437 30/11/22 06:57 AM
T
stranger
stranger
T
I am not sure if am sharing any new ideas (or more like older bgs mechanics) here which someone may have alrdy maybe came up with but will give it a shot (aswell i might cover abit more things trying to explain my point, so am sorry if this ended longer);

I my opinion Larian should cut locations off and not to make them so connected like they are right now and where you can visit them all in one breath (honestly it would maybe solve this non sensical distances and inconsistencies in story between places,aswell d/n cycles i will touch abit later on)

Since I made all places to stand on their own now in my idea, they would need to expand and change the maps abit which would give that fresh playtrough at release for us Ea testers. I think they even said something in those words that they did refresh the locations so am rly curious now…

With this we would travel with world map using place icons just like in older bgs. Somehow Bg3 world map seemed even to be tailored like old games did but somehow doesn’t make sense right now how that plays out in current game. (Props to the artist it is rly beautifull world map and total nod to older bgs)

I guess if i could click on locations right now on the world map, we would get teleported at purple portals, right? The locations of this portals should be changed or be made as fast travel standalone thing then between different locations with special places having them. I would add special background story attached to it with warning notes on them of the crazy wizard who was overusing it and one day just dissapeared.
When party are entering map it should have starting location to start exploring from. (Would be nice to get that “gather your party” msg again please)

Right now, with this kind of way how Larian currently have done, too much places connected at once on pretty “short distances”and “within too much reach”, I feel like am railroading myself while am exploring trapped into never ending daylight, meanwhile more closed map would make me to experience more things like older bgs did and I wouldn’t miss out on content. This current situation worked in Divinity games but not much here…atleast not for me. Aswell I liked how maps were revealing out on the world map in older bgs. Example: you wanna exit Blighted village and map of the witch swamp gets revealed.

On the world map we should have icon of the location of the camp there too. If we click long rest button, we can teleport there for the night, if we visit it over world map we come there over the day (add there special day events too, party members fishing,making lunch,playing card games). I don’t think we should have access to the camp only if we click big rest button or only at night.
( i would like aswell when you click short rest button that charas sit down with little loading bar, i think this was thing in one of neverwinter games if am not mistaken, then if u find some lonely campfire you could just push that button and get your own rp short campfire resting.. the loading would be dice rolling if you get random event or get attacked by enemies.
On those specially placed campfires should be options to change companions.

Reason is why am talking about all this is, am wondering if this would be too much or easier for Larian to implement as next;

Choosing to switch d/n on the world map by our will (i saw this option in some other rpg on the world map, was it in da2?)

But positive about this would be, they wouldn’t need to bother with d/n real time transition affecting multiplayer anymore.
Now with those closed standalone locations, things can be abit more concentrated and now we can choose which time of the day we want to visit them? And then fill map with some unique night and day stuffs? I wonder if this would be good idea which could satisfy people desiring d/n cycle. And yes a little bit more work for Larian sadly…doubled content…but still it would no remove completely d/n and would’t much need for some super complex simulation of d/n cycle transition and npc life.

I think this would somehow work because when we reach the city i want to be able experience both night and day events there.
In cities in older games was always some pretty creepy and shady stuffs happening at nights.
Am sure not all drows or vampires gonna be tadpoled.

Imagine meeting group of drows in the forest during the night searching for the absolute to get tadpoled etc…

I would exclude this kind of d/n features in Underdark and Hells ofc because it doesn’t rly matter over there. They should have separated unique world maps aside what we got in this rn. But cities and outdoors hmm..

I would like that Waukeen inn part is changed. It would be nice we actually go there and it is full of life during the day, the bard could experience their first concert and we could meet some of good new companions to recruit…then we are saving it during the night when we all wake up caught in fire in our bedrooms there. I actually needed some time to realise that place was actually burning over the day lol and what I was sopouse to do and why people were panicking xD.
I think burning over the night would be more visually effective.
So if you go there over the day its normal, if u switched to night and came to that location for first time, it would be burning.

Aswell theres one little passage of time inconsistency with switching d/n in my idea but this would be solvable in a way if you push big rest button during the night, you would normally go to the camp and it would end that night and become the day when you go sleep.
If you trying to switch from day to night that one is easy i guess.
The Night with big rest button would progress the story tho…
Visiting camp via wm during the day and going sleeping would not advance the story/day. Probably tooltip would be needed to be added to warn of this sort of mechanics.bleh i totally lost myself…

What about sunrises and sunsets which we missing in this whole idea? Well…idk…am myself thinking how Larian could implement this…would anyone like my idea and be satisfied with it even? Well i tried…this idea is not rly my perfect image when it comes to d/n but it is more of compromise if we rly want d/n in Bg3 to be somehow implemented.

P.s Btw would be nice to have camera like in dragon age, because rn feels quite claustrophobic and like someone is holding my head down, i want to see abit more up like what you show it in trailers please, otherwise I would find that abit of false advertising. You done this with divinity 2 trailer aswell, sorry)…

Ty for your time…

Last edited by Tabyss; 30/11/22 07:45 AM.
Tabyss #833542 02/12/22 11:44 AM
So many people (me included, on page 12) tried giving them ideas, we still don't have an official answer or acknowledgement from Larian and probably won't get either until the full release comes. And by then its too late. Don't waste your precious brain function on this topic, sadly its over. We got paladins and the reaction system to worry about now.

S2PHANE #833544 02/12/22 11:57 AM
S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by S2PHANE
So many people (me included, on page 12) tried giving them ideas, we still don't have an official answer or acknowledgement from Larian and probably won't get either until the full release comes. And by then its too late. Don't waste your precious brain function on this topic, sadly its over. We got paladins and the reaction system to worry about now.
It was over as soon as the gameplay was revealed, a day/night cycle is something you plan very early in development. If it wasn't there then, there is strictly no chance for it to be added later.

Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard