Originally Posted by Wormerine
So you ARE using this system to get to places your character shouldn't be able to get to within their allotted movement range:)
Well ... yes and no.

If i would start with positioning Astarion ... he have high Stealth ... so he would reach the spot without starting combat.
> No abusing of anything ... nobody was in combat, there would be no turn based more at all.

But since the game allows me to do that in any order (as long as they manage to sneak) ...
I can aswell position first Shadowheart, who will more likely fail her Stealth check ... and if that happens, i dont need to care, and still can continue positioning.

So if this would be implemented as suggested ... the only difference i would have would be order of controlled characters, and potentialy some pre-fight work like changing equip, maybe drinking a few more invisibility potions. laugh

Anyway ... i see nothing wrong about positioning your party prior any combat encounter ...
And just the fact that this game allows me to position them even tho one of them was allready discovered suits me well ...

Acutaly i would even dare to actualy claim that it work against me, since if whole enemy team see only one of mine, they focus their damage to them ... and if they spot my character due to failed stealth check, they have also surprise round on their side. smile

Originally Posted by Wormerine
Maybe if transition into combat mode wasn't as bombastic it would be a more natural to switch back and forth.
This is basicaly what i had in mind when i said that i would like to keep at least some degree of curent options ...

As i said, i would have no problem with tuning system so the worse abuse wouldnt be possible ... or at least not as obvious ... i still think its not necesary, but certainly wouldnt mind it.
Forcing whole party (presuming they would be close enough i gues?) into initiative order is good ... even benefitial.
Forcing whole party into turn based and acting in their respective turns ... basicaly put them all in combat, just stealthed ... simply seems too restrictive to me. :-/

//Edit:
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
This is a tactical turn based games, Ragnarok. Trying to do the "best" moves depending the situation is the point of turn based /tactical / strategic combats.
Agreed ... this is a tactical turn based game with certain set of rules ... trying to do the "best" within those rules is the point of such game ...
Having option to ignore those rules and completely break the game, isnt included in my deffiniton of "best move" tho ... thats simple cheating. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 03/09/22 08:51 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown