Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Wormerine
So you ARE using this system to get to places your character shouldn't be able to get to within their allotted movement range:)
Well ... yes and no.
(...)
Anyway ... i see nothing wrong about positioning your party prior any combat encounter ...
And just the fact that this game allows me to position them even tho one of them was allready discovered suits me well ...
I see nothing wrong with positioning your party before the encounter. But there isn't nothing wrong with stealthing your way to your enemy backline either - one is just a more extreme example of stealth mastery, or of how broken the system is. I just feel a desire for a well crafted ruleset that will provide an appropriate obstacle to achieve such goal.

Of course, you should use your stealth expert to get into place first. Of course clumsy Shadowheart should alert the enemy to her presence. And yes she should get bettered, if she gets caught out of position. That's a logical systemic consequence of roleplayiong and tactical decisions.

And I can see your point when in this situation not joining combat results is QoL feature. But it comes at a cost of actual stealth as a functioning system. As a convenient pre-combat set up stealth works ok-ish - as an actual stealth, it really does not. In most playtrhoughs, I don't care much for stealth, as I tend to not roll characters that specilize in it. But when I created a stealthy rogue, then darn, that was unenjoyable.