Very true. That is what birthed this discussion in the first place which originated in a thread wanting to discourage people from resting, where all of these scenes are found.

I played my first story as any sane person would think they should. Avoid resting and avoid the tadpole at any costs. And I did just that and missed so much of the meaningful story and content because of it. It was terrible and I found the story awfully shallow and disappointing because of it. Only by using the tadpole and excessively resting have I then noticed how much I actually missed out on the story, it's insane.

However it isn't true that by not using the tadpole we do not have any connection with the Dreamer. We are supposed to hear the Dreamer on the Nautiloid and even have a dream sequence at the very start of the game supposedly, however it isn't implemented into the EA yet.

Because one of the lines when talking to Shadowheart is; "Is this the same voice we heard on the Nautiloid?", implying that we hear the Dreamer from the very start. And Shadowheart mentions having the same dreams as us on the Nautiloid, implying we are supposed to start the game within a dream sequence first before we get out of our pod. But it's EA currently so we can't experience it.

The Dreamer is definitely there to be with us from the start no matter what.

My theory in such a situation if the player avoids the tadpole by all means is that the Dreamer will still appear later in ACT II once we unlock the Githyanki box. We cannot get rid of the Dreamer nor the Githyanki box, which makes me believe they are one and the same. The box being a physical manifestation of the Dreamer and the dreams being the psyonic manifestation.