Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
...And this is where things go crazy.

Drows do not sleep. They instead enter a meditative trance. Yet in both the Astarion and Minthara scene, a Drow player is actually sleeping and experiencing deep dreams. And a Drow player can in fact ask the Dreamer how is it possible that we are dreaming, to which the Dreamer replies; "How far is the deepest trance away from sleep? I leave that answer to you darling".

So at the very start of the game, the Dreamer is only able to do the things it does exclusively when our consciousness is at its lowest. And even pull us into deep sleep to communicate with us.

Which brings another interesting theory as to how it saved us from the Nautiloid. During our entire fall, we were completely knocked out due to the piece of debris that smacked us against the head. And the Dreamer, at least at the very start can only communicate with us when our consciousness is at the lowest. Exactly because we were unconscious, it was able to take over and save us from the fall. And as soon as our player regains consciousness, the magic dissipates.

Coincidence? I think not. I think that specific moment feels incredibly deliberate.

Those are some good points, I think it's a good bet then that the artifact is what saved us from the fall certainly. This also means the bridge scene is a pretty big anomaly, I've wondered what would happen if you continue through the rest of the EA with the buff it gives you, to see if anything changes

Last edited by Sozz; 05/09/22 09:07 PM.