Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Playing more of Patch 8, I will say that I am noticing that the game is TONS better than initial EA release. I do think maybe we've been more critical than is warranted.
Nah, I am aware of it. The game is way, way better then it was on launch, or even couple patches ago. Any one remembering when jump would also act as disengagement? I just wish they would took those few extra steps to address stuff that still annoy me.

Overall, I think BG3 is shaping up decently all things considered. I am just disliking some of the fundamental designs - obfuscating underlying mechanics is one of the things that feel like an unnecessary barrier. I do hope they will spend some time on combat log in polishing phase, or even give me an option to remove weird %s and give me more reflective of actual systems.

Oh, I totally agree that more needs to be done to make it truly polished. I think for me I was just surprised to really see some serious improvements. I think it's actually been a bit since I tried to purposely abuse the system. I was pleasantly surprised to see that a lot of the cheese we've been talking about has actually been fixed at least to some degree. It's encouraging.