Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
NeeraWM Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,
yesterday I decided to try Patch 8 on my 2016 MacBook Pro (macOS 12.5.1).
BG3 is installed via GOG on an external Crucial X8 2TB SSD and launches beautifully up to the main game menu.
Then the following happened:
- Pressing New Game launches the first video, but pressing Escape to go to the character creation step crashes the game (I have reported this thrice via the Crash Reporter about 8hrs ago)
- Thinking something may have gone wrong with the update, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it completely
- This time I could get to character creation and, then, to the beginning of the game. Since it was very late I tried to save the game (Escape > Save Game > New Save). At this point the game freezes, spinning beachball and, after about 2 mins, the Mac turned off, showed the kernel panic screen and restarted.

Why is this happening? I will for sure not try this again until I know this has been fixed. I only have one computer, and I use it for work mainly. Cannot risk it if this is what happens.
Please give me some feedback. It seems to me that the game had issues accessing the folder where it should have saved the game, but it is just a guess.

Thank you

veteran
veteran
External drives are for storage and not designed to run software from (Windows or Mac)

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.

Link Copied to Clipboard