Originally Posted by JandK
I used to think it was a mistake that Us supported the player even if the player attacked the mind flayer on the nautiloid.

I thought it would make more sense if Us turned against the player if the player started attacking the other intellect devourers, for example. After all, they would screech something about the player being corrupted if a conversation led to violence.

But now I'm beginning to think that Us is just as "corrupted" as the player characters. It was a newborn, just like the players. Maybe the process didn't fully take with it, either. Maybe when Us is querying an unseen advisor, Us is really talking to the sentience in the artifact... which is leading the player to the helm.

It's also interesting how Us comments if the player tells Shadowheart she has to be left behind. "Safe if she stays," is what Us says.

And Us mentions escaping a great evil.

Anyway. The idea that Balthazar is the necromancer from Moonhaven makes sense. It seems like an obvious connection now that I've heard it, but I admit that it never occurred to me.

I'm still left wondering whom the necromancer was trying to resurrect.

Jandk and Crimsonrider: you guys are some next level big brain theorists. Bravo, both! I love these theories so much, I'm actually hoping the story goes that way.