I just finished EA for the first time, and it's really been a blast and a great adventure to see the Divinity engine tackle D&D.

The only things I think I'd improve fall into this thread's categories, though.

I do think the game immersion could be improved greatly if the AI would increase it's search area for paths to your location if it hasn't been able to find you for like 5-6 turns, though. Especially if attacked while out of combat. In the big Goblin Camp entrance fight, when I started the fight with all my characters on the tall pillar in the middle of the area, only one of like 12 MOBs managed to figure out how to get to me (go around and climb up the ladder on the right, which IMHO is farther than the vines up on the left, which no MOB used, probably because all my characters were over on the right), everything else just wandered around useless until I ranged them down over about 30 turns. This was probably because I entangled the one "mid height" ledge that some NPCs climbed up to in order to be able to be in range to me. I have noticed that NPCs will avoid bad surfaces, even if it means standing around waiting to get killed. I think they should expand their search area in these cases if they end up being useless for more than 5 turns.

What I noticed in the latest patch is that NPCs that you attack from very far away will be alert and looking for you. When I did this in the Nere battle area, the MOBs would shout "You can't do this forever!" and "I'll get you!" or something similar. Also, if you attack out of combat enough times it seemed to enter me into combat, even if my stealth was not broken. If it is indeed only when stealth is not broken that throws you into combat, I do think if your companions are in combat with the same MOB you attacked, it should force you to join that combat and not allow you to have unlimited out-of-combat attacks, which it does still seem to allow (I was able to do this in the Nere battle by attacking from the ramparts).

Also, perhaps this is intentional, but I did find it frustrating that when I sniped Nere from out of range on the gangplank, I will aggro the friendly nearby gnomes if I attack Nere enough times without entering combat, even if I don't actually target or hit any of the gnomes. However, if my stealth is broken and I enter combat with Nere, the gnomes seem to realize I'm not attacking them. But, if I attack 3-4 times out of combat and the game seems to "force" me into combat (it's possible this "force" is actually just failing a stealth roll), it will aggro the gnomes. Aggroing the gnomes I does make logical sense because they don't *know* I'm not targeting them and I am raining missiles down near them, but it's really annoying to aggro a friendly NPC that's part of a quest line without attacking them with no way to un-aggro them.

That's the other thing too, yes there are mechanics exploits, but there are also punishments, too. For example if you get "confused" status in the Myconid fight and attack a friendly NPC (in this case while confused I attacked Sovereign Spaw whom I was trying to save), they will aggro you. This can completely change the course of the game. I do really wish there was a way to un-aggro NPCs, like if you heal them and pay them money and pass a charisma check, it would take into consideration how much damage you've done, and give you the chance to un-aggro. I've now had this aggro issue twice, both of which prompted a save reload.

Last edited by mr_unlucky; 18/09/22 10:01 PM.