So, I've finished a playthrough (as in done all possible quests I know of in EA), with my high half-elf sorcerer, who I buffed to 19 using AI at lvl 4, and then ate Ethel's yucky scalp to buff CHA to 20.

Question is, though.... while I assume I got a higher to hit chance (I got to lvl 4 and defeated Ethel before entering Underdark) from raising CHA to 20, I wonder if, come the full release, it won't be better to go with "just" 18 in ability and then add one of the many other lvl 4 feats. Obviously, when using CHA related skill checks, it was clear that that +5 in Persuasion and Deception I had helped alot... but so would a +4, I think. But just how large is the difference in "to hit" chance, and potentially amount of dmg or crit chance, between 18 and 20 in CHA?

Same question applies to the deep gnome wizard I've just rolled. I'll be able to gain 20 in int by lvl 4, adding in Ethels scalp. That should give me an extra spell, which - unlike with the high half-elf sorc - seems like a much clearer advantage, than maybe a slight % added hit chance... right? No?

And please, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to understanding mathematics. If you could, please explain the advantage/disadvantages to picking either buffing AI to 20 or the other feats, using math language as if I'm three years old... crazy

Last edited by Demothios; 19/09/22 02:16 PM.

"Tribe?"