Originally Posted by Tandi
What do you suggest? To fix all the exploits you deem OP? Where do you draw the line there's so many of them smile.
Is that meant to be a defence of how the game is? Is it the same logic that lead to "Bethesda shouldn't fix bugs because there are so many?" What's the point of EA and working in the game further? It doesn't matter if the ruleset works, it is MEANT to be broken!

BG3 obviously has alot of common with the Divinity games and having alot of freedom seems to be a core feature of Larian games in general.
I disagree that Larian games provide any novel amount of freedom, and no one I can think of is arguing to reduce amount of options the game provides. I just wish for some of those options to be governed by a finer ruleset. Larian has already addressed some of the complaints - advantage from highground, jump/disengage were combined, advantage from standing behind enemies, this is all stuff that's been in BG3, it's been changed and the game is for the better.

I am also not against having "broken" stuff in the game - it is not a competitive title, but there should be some kind of baseline decent experience. Finding a build that "breaks" the game can be satisfying in itself. My personal issue with stealth isn't that someone can exploit it, it is that I just don't find it enjoyable and rewarding to use - attacking from stealth means manually adding 4 characters into battle one by one, and hearing 4 times in quick succession battle initiation. Having characters both in real time and turn based systems just feels off to me. I have played the game for over 100h ours and it always feels wrong.

For example there's a loading screen tooltip mentioned that fights can spill over to different areas, dragging more npcs into the fight.This could also be considered a cheese by luring a tough enemy into a town for ez kill... or simply as a "fun" feature.
I wouldn't put it in the same basket:
1) it makes in-universe and systemic sense
2) it will require intention from the player (in my entire playthrough, I think there is only one encoutner when one random NPC might join the fight)
3) While advantegous to the player it can also have negative consequences - the risk of key NPC dying is there.

A more fair comparison would be if combat would regularly attract unintended NPC from neighbouring areas, and player would have to intentionally avoid doing so - that would be a problem and it would be annoying. That's where I feel the stealth is at - I find getting enjoyment out of it very difficult.