Edit : added comments by Ragnarok

Originally Posted by JandK
At the end of the day if a player keeps doing this, all I can ask is, "How's that working out for you?" Is it possible things might work better if you adopted a different playstyle, one that included checking to see who all is in the initiative order?
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzd
all you need is to create synopsis:
"Combat initiated => Check party members"
You're both right, I need to adapt my minset. It's not easy for me to form a habit around something that doesn't always happen. I usually need to get burned repeatedly to learn, even in real life.

For me, it's like saying, "When combat starts, I always neglect to equip my fighter with a weapon. So it takes me a round or two to realize he's fighting with his bare knuckles."
Weapons matter every combat and require infrequent attention. Checking who's in initiative needs to happen every combat and matters infrequently. Purely subjectively, I enjoy the first kind of design more than the second.

Regarding a line in the combat log... while I'm not against it, I can't help but think that if someone isn't paying attention to which characters they have in combat then they're probably not reading the combat log at the start of every fight.
That's a fair point. I was thinking of Solasta's combat log, which I check compulsively. There are other solutions, like giving a pulsating glow to party portraits of those characters left out of combat. I know I said I never look at those during combat, but a pulsating glowy thing would catch my attention without me having to remember to look for it.

All in all, I'd welcome any UI change that cuts down the mental checklist I need to go through to avoid playing incorrectly.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
And i simply dont believe (and maybe this is harsh from me, but at least its honest) that is indeed possible to actualy "not notice" you were fighting with half of your team ...
So it seems like really cheap excuse to me.
Sory, not sory. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No need to be sorry. I've written posts about how I forget I'm casting Misty Step halfway through and click absent mindedly on the screen, sending Gale somewhere awful. My stupidity needs no excuses!

If Larian don't want morons like me forgetting about Wyll's imp in the first few fights, then they should heed my counsel.

Last edited by Flooter; 20/09/22 04:05 PM.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.