Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
But if the exploit is tied to a core game mechanic and is very obviously noted by casual players, then that's stronger reasoning for it to be changed if a large number of those casuals dislike it.
Two things:
1) There is no "large number" here ...
We are at best few dozen people still active on this forum, i wouldnt even believe we can reach a thousand. wink
Statisticaly speaking, for our numbers ... we can be neglected.
Except you can make conclusions from our responses because that is how surveys work. A sub-sample of a population (e.g., forum users) are surveyed and assumed to be relatively close to matching the true populations. For most surveys, you only need a sample size of ~400 in order to make high-confidence conclusions applicable to any-sized full populations (thousands, millions, even billions). But even only 100, or 50, respondents still can provide useful information - albeit with higher margins of error. The fact that, on this forums, we are roughly 50-50 (at the very least, the overwhelming majority isn't in favor of these exploits) means that it is reasonable to conclude that many (not necessarily most) BG3 players will want these exploits addressed.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
To me, quite honestly (and feel free to disagree ofcourse), main question is if that exploit is forced on you or not ...
In other words: As long as there is easy way around it, no NPC can use it against you, you dont need to use it, and every single encounter or situation is perfectly manageable without it ...
Then there is no reason to remove it.

Yes, the same old sentence over and over ...
You dont want it > dont do it.
Someone else want it > dont take it away from them.
I agree that it is worse if the exploit is forced on you. But if avoiding the exploit also prevents you from using a core mechanic that you might otherwise want to use (it it were better/more reasonably implemented), then it also becomes an issue.
I don't need to use stealth in BG3. But I might want to play stealthy characters/party, and if stealth is implemented poorly then that makes my experience less enjoyable. If changing the stealth rules would make more players happy than it would make players unhappy, then it should be changed.