Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Originally Posted by redditcrazy
Originally Posted by Street Hero
Gonna cry?

considering that I don't have a PC to play it on when Stadia dies, yea imma cry a bit cry

OR you can "Play" via YouTube at least that's what i did on those exclusive PS5 game...

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
veteran
veteran
OR you can "Play" via YouTube at least that's what i did on those exclusive PS5 game...
Why be an ass? People will loose access to BG3 through a service that was convenient for them, they bought the game and played for the last two years on.

Gonna cry?

considering that I don't have a PC to play it on when Stadia dies, yea imma cry a bit cry

Feeling the same. Maybe a Steam Deck in the future, not sure. Still then, we'll probably need two since I haven't seen any more mention of local co-op for ages.

iBowfish #831044 12/10/22 03:17 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by iBowfish
Maybe a Steam Deck in the future, not sure. Still then, we'll probably need two since I haven't seen any more mention of local co-op for ages.
Even if there is local coop, pulling it off on one Steamdeck might be tricky grin

Originally Posted by Wormerine
Maybe a Steam Deck in the future, not sure. Still then, we'll probably need two since I haven't seen any more mention of local co-op for ages.
Even if there is local coop, pulling it off on one Steamdeck might be tricky grin

Lol, makes sense, but I just figured we would be able HDMI to TV then use external controllers. Maybe not ;-)

iBowfish #831082 13/10/22 05:45 PM
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Gonna cry?

Feeling the same. Maybe a Steam Deck in the future, not sure. Still then, we'll probably need two since I haven't seen any more mention of local co-op for ages.

I've been wanting to get a Steam Deck since they were announced, lack of funds + financial troubles abound kept me from properly saving up money for the version I wanted frown At this point, unless a miracle happens I'm not getting a Steam Deck anytime soon or in the foreseeable future sadly.

Considering that other Larian titles like DOS1 + 2 are on Geforce, I've got some (hopefully non-misplaced) hope that it'll come to the service eventually-it's just a matter of when imo.

journeyman
journeyman
I am another one of the people who thought that stadia was going to be the perfect way to play Baldur's Gate 3. I have close to 1,000 hours in Early Access.

Because Google sucks I have purchased a steam deck. So I guess what I want to know now is will the game be fully supported on the steam deck? Right now it's not great on the deck. I am hoping that you will use the stadia controller UI on the steam deck when the game is released.

Shaolin Stoner
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by ShaolinStoner
I am another one of the people who thought that stadia was going to be the perfect way to play Baldur's Gate 3. I have close to 1,000 hours in Early Access.

Because Google sucks I have purchased a steam deck. So I guess what I want to know now is will the game be fully supported on the steam deck? Right now it's not great on the deck. I am hoping that you will use the stadia controller UI on the steam deck when the game is released.

Pretty sure Larian put out a vid with Sven where he's using one and stating that Larian is actively working on Steam Deck support for BG3

here's the vid:

journeyman
journeyman
That's great!

Shaolin Stoner
Originally Posted by ShaolinStoner

Yikes. Is the performance on the Steam Deck worse than on Stadia? Using Stadia, we overlooked a lot of problems chocking it up to EA. The biggest problem was the camera view falling into the floor or going through hills, etc. That was frustrating beyond belief.

No way we're buying Steam Decks if those problems persist on final release.

I'm curious though, what are the specific problems you've found so far?

Thanks in advance.

addict
addict
How do you play BG3 without a mouse and keyboard ?!? Is it even bearable? On a small screen? Its not the type of game I would get ASAP a Steam deck for...Is there any...advantages apart for <portability> (90 minutes battery kills that aspect imho...).

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 18/10/22 02:10 PM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
iBowfish #831296 18/10/22 03:15 PM
veteran
veteran
Yikes. Is the performance on the Steam Deck worse than on Stadia? Using Stadia, we overlooked a lot of problems chocking it up to EA. The biggest problem was the camera view falling into the floor or going through hills, etc. That was frustrating beyond belief.
For some reason steam release doesn’t have pad support, so it must be super awkward to control. BG3 is also rather unoptimised and Steam deck isn’t the most powerful of hardwares.

Stil, as Sven mentioned D:OS2 worked on Steamdeck without any additional work, so hopefully Larian will aim for the same for BG3.

However, traditionally Larian games get a more focused console/pad support a year after initial release as they work on console port, so if they plan to do the same for BG3, it might take a while before UI is fully adapted to non-PC play.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard