Originally Posted by fylimar
men are the problem Here and will continue to be the Problem, If there is no Change in thinking, not women , who like to go topless.
I think you will find that if you go shirtless in a setting that is not appropriate (which is most) regardless of your gender, people around you will not appreciate that, regardless of their gender. I like my flippers and pijamas, it doesn’t mean I will go outside in them.

@Crimsonrider’s comment mixes two things I think. Women have been and still are mistreated, and are often blamed for that regardless of their behaviour. I know I am not aware of half the crap they have to put up with.

That has little to do with a decent behaviour in a public setting. Crimson painted a picture where men seem to on mass enjoy walking shirtless, and oh the oppression, women are asked to wear a shirt. I have lived in couple places in the world, and so far its never been a case. It’s just a basic decency and consideration for others to be dressed in public. In my first post I quoted: “no shirt, no shoes, no service” because as it seems like it is some gender issue that I am not aware of, to me it’s just basic, human decency and consideration for others.

I must say, though, that being Easter European I come from culture with a specific way of looking at dressing. Living in US and Uk I learned that the concept of inside and outside clothes is foreign here. I am also perplex by desire to expose oneself in public. So maybe it’s just me not getting it. Maybe shirtless guy is Saints Row4 was someone’s role model, not a laughing stock. Anyway, I am checking out of this thread. I don’t think I have anything to contribute.

Last edited by Wormerine; 27/10/22 11:17 AM.