I see, thank you for corecting me. smile
I had wrong information.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
G
stranger
stranger
G
sorry for the necro but its rough to see that this still happens. i just finished
wiping out the grove only for the game to switch to shadowheart in the end convo with minthara
and now i gotta redo everything cuz of it. i get some of it is my fault for not saving often but when ur into it its tough to remember and the game's massively unreliable with auto save.

i understand switching char mid dialogue would be hard to implement but at least take a closer look at the post combat char select option cuz doesn't matter if its "avatar" the game will bug out at some point and switch to some random companion cuz F you go do this all over again. this has happened multiple times in all my 3 playthroughs

stranger
stranger
-1 but +2 this was no doubt one of the most annoying things.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Happy to say that this feedback is outdated, as this has been addressed and improved vastly since the Early Access days.

Naturally it still happens on rare occasions and specific scenes could use some range reductions, such as;
The Grove fight with Zevlor or Minthara, Mayrina (if the masked people are dead, if they are alive then they all wait until they're talked to), the Githyanki patrol pulls a random party member into the scene as Kith'rak Voss flies away
But I've been playing for over a hundred hours now and apart from these few scenarios it no longer feels like an issue as I don't have to fight my party members to be the one who speaks. The game now really prioritizes the main character when everyone is together and I'm happy with that.

Naturally it can use more improvements to reduce the massive dialogue range for some troublesome scenes, but overall it feels great now and this feedback has run its course in my opinion so moderators feel free to lock this outdated feedback thread.

G
stranger
stranger
G
im glad it has improved for you shame i cannot say the same. it seems its going to be one of those things that will be forgotten as it no longer happens to enough ppl enough times. which i find disappointing yet understandable.

veteran
veteran
Unfortunately, I am still having this issue as well!

old hand
old hand
Its an issue when you go into areas where a cutscene immediately follows loading a new area. It seems to pick your face character completely randomly regardless of who you clicked on the transition point with.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Looking at how many threads exist about the problems with conversations it is a pity it has not changed in the end product. Hope they think about it. I really wanna feel like a party and not 4 individuals just walking next to each other and fKing around sometimes.

veteran
veteran
Autosave when combat begins... Autosave when combat ends... Autosave when launching a conversation... Autosave on area transition... Assign party leader/party face from the portrait order, or from the character sheets etc.

I'm not sure why these were not implemented?

Few things are as frustrating as having plot points directed at a companion instead of the MC when they're both standing in the same area. Like you'll playing for 30 minutes, fight a big battle and win, only to have the result spoiled by a hanger on. I don't care if it's a merchant or some bit player that doesn't offer us dialogue options, but if there are dialogue options, the very first of those should be "Switch speaker" lol

The last option should be something like "Cut to the chase" and this should skip straight past the exposition to the next actual dialogue prompt where the player has input. Shouldn't be necessary to spacebar a couple dozen times, just hearing the first word of every vignette. Trying to get through the Emperor's dialogue is comedy, skip skip skip, oh shit, skip skip skip. There's gotta be a more efficient way hehe.

apprentice
apprentice
I don't think that has been solved. I'm still having this happen regularly. Connected to combats and just generally. Luckily sometimes you can just leave the dialogue and re-arrange, but sadly that's not always an option.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Happy to say that this feedback is outdated, as this has been addressed and improved vastly since the Early Access days.

Naturally it still happens on rare occasions and specific scenes could use some range reductions, such as;
The Grove fight with Zevlor or Minthara, Mayrina (if the masked people are dead, if they are alive then they all wait until they're talked to), the Githyanki patrol pulls a random party member into the scene as Kith'rak Voss flies away
But I've been playing for over a hundred hours now and apart from these few scenarios it no longer feels like an issue as I don't have to fight my party members to be the one who speaks. The game now really prioritizes the main character when everyone is together and I'm happy with that.

Naturally it can use more improvements to reduce the massive dialogue range for some troublesome scenes, but overall it feels great now and this feedback has run its course in my opinion so moderators feel free to lock this outdated feedback thread.

I hate it as a druid. If I don't wildshape out into human before a fight ends, dialogue always goes to companions, and even then it also seems proximity based, like with Hope after Raphael talking to the nearest companion. It's so annoying.

If I wanted the game to address the companions, I would have rolled an origin character.

Even then the game prioritizes the camera on origin characters over the custom Tav. For example, when Voss is told about obtaining the Orphic Hammer, if Lazael is in your party, he will talk to you but always face Lazael while talking, as if it had been her he was directing it to.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
It would be nice to have an option to pick the speaker in multiplayer too. I'm playing a rather squishy bard with one group and the burly fighter and barbarian are frequently the first one in a room. Naturally, they are not-at-all spec'd for diplomacy (like I am), just as I'm not spec'd for surviving being up at the front of the formation.

If there was a way for the initiator of diaglog to interject and say, "Just a moment, let me have XXXXX discuss this with you..." that's all we would really need.

G
stranger
stranger
G
my first char was a druid so i completely feel your pain. i had to learn to get used to cancelling wild shape before combat ends so it would choose my char in case there was a following dialogue and even that would not always work.

ive also noticed this happens on a couple streams ive watched but it seems some people dont mind it and it bothered me to see that cuz it just makes the issue seem insignificant when its not and it also makes me less hopeful that i'll ever see a fix.

I agree very much with this. I've had to reload many times just because of the stupid proximity based dialouge.

F
stranger
stranger
F
It may be mechanically hard to allow players to swap characters at any point during a dialog, but could we at least swap them during skill checks in a dialog?

I wouldn’t mind Shadowheart taking half of my post-combat dialogs if I was able to have my Tav bard step in for CHA checks instead of praying she doesn’t mess them up

D
stranger
stranger
D
This is so bad. Maybe not so for Tav, but Durge gets a lot of special dialogue, and bosses and notable npcs just keep randomly picking anyone to talk but Durge. Redid one Durge related battle three times in act 3 just to hear what npc says to Durge - the dialogue was unique and cool, but I was exhausted at this point and didn’t enjoy it at all, which is sad

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard