Originally Posted by Bird Person
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
I think people need to get realistic expectations though. There is maybe no Hexadin Warlock option coming and it does not exist in Players Handbook.

Look, I already know at this point that I'm probably going to ditch the game midway through like I did DOS2 just due to me being... not a fan of the theme-parky and sterile nature of the game world and the 'balls-to-the-wall from the word go' action movie narrative that is present in EA. That being said, if I can at the very least play as an Oathbreaker Paladin hanging with my Jack Skellingtons I'll enjoy that and it will have been worth the cost of admission.

This is an interesting take because it is rather similar to how I view the game. The whole starting during a Michael Bay action sequence thing just rubs me the wrong way - big time.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 was somewhat similar for me. I remember picking it up and being like "This is what everyone is raving about as one of the best RPGs of all-time?" - then I got about three hours into the game or so and it really started to shine for me. It went from a game I was super skeptical about to being probably my second favorite game ever made... and I think it could have ended up being my favorite if Act 4 wasn't so meh.

I still theorize that due to the combat being so fun and the mechanics being so interesting I kind of ended up falling in love with a lot of the goofy story and at times over the top characters.