Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21
GM4Him #833546 02/12/22 12:09 PM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Was watching my wife play an app game with cats cooking food...

Even that game had day and night. Lol. Yeah sure. It's a simple app game with the same screen, but the point is that day and night is a VERY common video game element. Even an app like that has it. It still blows my mind that BG3 doesn't when night is SUCH a key element of D&D and RPGs in general.

GM4Him #833549 02/12/22 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by snowram
Originally Posted by S2PHANE
So many people (me included, on page 12) tried giving them ideas, we still don't have an official answer or acknowledgement from Larian and probably won't get either until the full release comes. And by then its too late. Don't waste your precious brain function on this topic, sadly its over. We got paladins and the reaction system to worry about now.
It was over as soon as the gameplay was revealed, a day/night cycle is something you plan very early in development. If it wasn't there then, there is strictly no chance for it to be added later.

Well there we have it then. It is a goddamned shame that a AAA RPG with a Baldurs Gate IP and so much financial backing isn't going to have (lets be honest now) such a basic system for this day and age.

Originally Posted by GM4Him
It still blows my mind that BG3 doesn't when night is SUCH a key element of D&D and RPGs in general.
Yep. Hurts the replay value immensely.
Maybe it won't be that bad on the first full playthrough. But come around the fifth time going through the game its going to feel cheap and bland. Oh well... Cest la vie mon cour

GM4Him #833554 02/12/22 01:04 PM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Well, to be fair I really don't think it is going to make or break the game. If EA is roughly 25% of the game, and the rest of the 75% is in the underdark OR in a city and shrouded in darkness or something of that nature, then not having a day night cycle in the very beginning of the game for the first 25% of it isn't going to be that big of a deal.

But, if they wind up having more areas of the game where you are on the surface traveling around in broad daylight, then it could be a big deal. Don't get me wrong, I really want them to do some sort of day and night functions. Especially for races like drow, it really is weird to not have the ability to travel by night. I'm just saying that I don't think it'll necessarily break the game if they never do it.

GM4Him #833566 02/12/22 07:03 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by S2PHANE
So many people (me included, on page 12) tried giving them ideas, we still don't have an official answer or acknowledgement from Larian and probably won't get either until the full release comes. And by then its too late. Don't waste your precious brain function on this topic, sadly its over. We got paladins and the reaction system to worry about now.

I went back to the page 12 and there are really some great stuffs written in there... seems to implement d/n, alot of things would need to be overhauled, so ye now it is too late... damn why we were even trying...

Sadly we did get offically acknowledgement from Larian and it seemed they shut it down pretty quickly from the very much beginning.
But still we were all hoping they would reconsider. Usually on their panels, they say if my memory is not mistaken things like: Some features are being reconsidered.

Which makes us so hopefull, that ours is still the one being reconsidered too xD but they could mean totally some other features lol since ofc they have already given their official statment about D/N cycle status. Case closed...
So there is no more to say about it.

They can now only say: It is our fault for having this kind of hopes because, they were clear about it from the beginning... q_q honestly I even do not like how they describe it in that intreview how it gonna be...
But ye the fact is, they showed us nothing about this , this far...tho They like to point out how they have different version of the game with way more stuffs and Ea is not the real state of the game or something like that...

During Original SIn 2 campaign, they said their next game might have D/N but not OS2... And now they did it again with BG3.

Something what should be their step up about this kind of stuffs... You cannot continue the game and dumb it down in such way. Or you can? Seems you can. You do not care about the older game just its name and money it brings. It is just true.

SO am wondering when you will finally gonna start implementing such basic feature? Somewhere in 2030 year? xD Or you need more time?? Seems like never.
Damn if we all gonna be alive till then...

Ofcorse... Game might perfectly play out without D/N but then I imagine gaming news headlines at release, and Oh god I hope there are no journos around who were reviewing older Bgs and gave that eternal badass approval...and now they get so called "Bg3"to review...

The moment they used BG and slapped 3 on it they shooted themselves in the foot, no matter how hard they try... I have feeling this might turn all negative and become like second Bioware fiasco with Dragon Age but parallel universe now with Larian with Bg3...

Their whole reputation depends on this. I do not want to lose Larian, they have potential and they started good with OS... but sometimes the fall just needs to happen...

Aswell to add more salt to the wound... I will leave this link here xD

https://www.facebook.com/LarianStud...ynight-cycle-this-mod-/1697929523600572/

I guess we can only hope for some very gifted moders to implement it somehow tru mods xD... So will everyone go now "Bethesda way of "mods will do it?" Oh god this link and dev comment makes me to turn back to my (Jekyll and)Hyde mode...
One of the devs is being genuinely into this but not enough to make it happen by themselves...

Yeah this game has way more problems to deal with than this... on next update, people gonna be blinded with shiny paladin trailer but then when they dive in... I feel paladins and Geoffry guy gonna be short term distraction if Larian failed to deliver with other features fans been begging for...oh god...

Seems aswell they try to attract this DA romance crazed crowds... This video keeps making me mad...they could make videos like this about other more important features but nah...

GM4Him #842664 27/01/23 10:49 PM
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
D/N cycle is my biggest "major" wish at this stage.

Deez Nuts Cycle (got 'em)

Last edited by Zerubbabel; 27/01/23 10:49 PM.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
GM4Him #845781 27/02/23 09:58 AM
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
The minimum system requirements to play BG3 have been raised. That could be good news for day/night, right?

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
GM4Him #845782 27/02/23 10:01 AM
veteran
veteran

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
GM4Him #845783 27/02/23 10:03 AM
S
old hand
old hand
S
Swen blinked twice during last PFH too, this can only mean day/night cycle!

GM4Him #845785 27/02/23 10:20 AM
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Ok, ok, point taken smile

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
snowram #846060 02/03/23 03:01 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by snowram
Swen blinked twice during last PFH too, this can only mean day/night cycle!
Dude wtf, blinking twice was for monk release in EA confirmed.
Night cycle code was 3 blinks + snapping his fingers.

Last edited by virion; 02/03/23 03:01 AM.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
GM4Him #846076 02/03/23 08:56 AM
veteran
veteran
I allways tell people to blink twice if they are held somewhere agains their will and require rescue. O_o
You think he may read it here?

We ahould better send there police ... but after release.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 02/03/23 08:57 AM.

GM4Him #846682 06/03/23 10:27 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Well, to be fair I really don't think it is going to make or break the game. If EA is roughly 25% of the game, and the rest of the 75% is in the underdark OR in a city and shrouded in darkness or something of that nature, then not having a day night cycle in the very beginning of the game for the first 25% of it isn't going to be that big of a deal.

But, if they wind up having more areas of the game where you are on the surface traveling around in broad daylight, then it could be a big deal. Don't get me wrong, I really want them to do some sort of day and night functions. Especially for races like drow, it really is weird to not have the ability to travel by night. I'm just saying that I don't think it'll necessarily break the game if they never do it.

There was no day/night in DOS 2 so I would be shocked if it appears in BG3. Yes there are differences between the two games but in terms of the fundamental structures and concepts the games have much much more in common.

GM4Him #846687 06/03/23 11:07 PM
veteran
veteran
I said it several times in this topic and will say it again:
Just give me button that turns World from Day to Night ... and im satisfied.

//Edit:
(Feel free to read this message as appeal to moders. wink )

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 06/03/23 11:08 PM.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I said it several times in this topic and will say it again:
Just give me button that turns World from Day to Night ... and im satisfied.
This "just" has probably hurt the soul of many environmental artists who already spent thousands of hours setting everything up for day time.

GM4Him #846715 07/03/23 06:03 AM
old hand
old hand
I have no idea if this has been mentioned anywhere in this megathread, but maybe it has to do with the hide mechanic. I mean nightc cycle = perma stealth = perma sneak attacks? By no stretch of the imagination do I have any idea how Larian could solve this, otherwise maybe they would have done it already?

Maybe I'm wrong and someone would be so kind to recommend me the corresponding page in the megathread where it's exactly about this issue?

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 07/03/23 06:11 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
I mean nightc cycle = perma stealth = perma sneak attacks?
I wouldnt see it so extreme ...
I mean night only means lack of sunlight, aka the same situation as there is in the Underdark, or inside of buildings ...

I think they would either make it so moonlight would cancel stealth, just as sun do, or every guard would be holding a torch and roads would be full of them aswell.

I gues it would make ranged SA feel easier ... but since you only need to step out of vision cone, and you can hide on plain sight in the middle of day ... it would be only feeling. wink

addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
I mean nightc cycle = perma stealth = perma sneak attacks?
I wouldnt see it so extreme ...
I mean night only means lack of sunlight, aka the same situation as there is in the Underdark, or inside of buildings ...

I think they would either make it so moonlight would cancel stealth, just as sun do, or every guard would be holding a torch and roads would be full of them aswell.

I gues it would make ranged SA feel easier ... but since you only need to step out of vision cone, and you can hide on plain sight in the middle of day ... it would be only feeling. wink
I found the solution. I will just lower the luminosity of my PC screen every 30 minutes or so....
*Cries*

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
GM4Him #846957 09/03/23 12:51 PM
S
old hand
old hand
S
Fear not, as I have the power of crappy image AI on my side!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GM4Him #847243 12/03/23 09:57 PM
addict
addict
Perfection

GM4Him #847997 22/03/23 07:12 PM
N
stranger
stranger
N

Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard