Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
enthusiast
Ah, I understand what you mean. I thought you were talking about just the rolled number. Apologies smile

old hand
old hand
Before introducing stat rolling, a reasonable custom party creation should be introduced first and foremost. It will be anything but great to want to create your party with the previous cumbersome multiplayer method https://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/how-to-create-custom-party-members-in-baldurs-gate-3/ and then forever to roll the stats for each individual, while the PC at its capacity croaks.

It can take ages to roll the right stats for just one character alone. Players of the predecessor versions know exactly what I mean... and I did not want this by four+ instances. Alternatively, a build saving with import / export function would be a workaround. Then you could build one character after the other and reload it when needed, which would be much faster and would'nt very taxing on your hardware...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 06/12/22 03:37 PM.
veteran
veteran
My instinct is to be against being allowed to set your own stats. But I'm also generally in favor of comprehensive customization/difficulty options in settings, which contradicts that gut reaction. I suppose just because I'm so used to D&D being multiplayer with real people (thus balance between characters is important), with leveling up your stats and getting stronger a core part of the adventure...?

At the very least, the host of any multiplayer session should be able to set the method of stat generation. For single-player...eh I won't argue against being able to set your own stats, but I'm not going to advocate for it. With unlimited 4d6 drop lowest rolling, it's still possible to get amazing stats while requiring some time cost, which seems like a good balance to me.

Or install mods.

veteran
veteran
I would normally have shied away from free score setting as an option, but I first experienced it with Solasta, and used it to accurately recreate some of my existing characters, and it felt really nice to be able to do. It also makes re-rolling quicker if, for example ,you're one of those people that will re-roll until they meet a certain threshold (say, for example, rolling until you have a spread over a certain total score, or until you have at lest one 18 to allocate) - you can bump individual numbers up or down to meet the requirement you set after a roll that's 'pretty close', and save yourself time and annoyance.

Yeah, people can use it to set ridiculous scores... but this is one of the times where I do very much feel that it's a case of that being a take it or leave it thing - if someone wants to run their own game a certain way, that's their business. Like any D&D table, multiplayer situations will see the host ruling on what score generation method the table should use, and that's also their business too. So, as an option I do actually support it, in the end.

tag Offline
stranger
stranger
I am guessing, but hoping I am wrong, and there will be no extension of the actual story? Just another character choice?

( I have been avoiding a lot of the update's or patches recently, not because it is not all good, but the story will become to branded in my head, and I fear somewhat boring. If nothing that is majorly new is being included.)

L
stranger
stranger
L
Question by any chance are you guys including the Circle of Spore druid class?

veteran
veteran
the two Druid subclasses are Land or Moon which basically means better spells or more animal forms

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
journeyman
journeyman
What are the chances that stadia gets one last patch? I saw that cyberpunk had got a recent update even after stadia announced it was shutting down. I'm just hoping it might be the same thing with Baldur's Gate 3.

I have purchased a steam deck so I will be able to continue playing but my buddy who I play multiplayer with only has stadia. We were hoping we would be able to play with the paladins but we both feel that is kind of a long shot chance.

Will stadia get patch 9?

Shaolin Stoner
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by LostSoul
A modder already has smites working per 5e.
On a hit that isnt a crit (with spell slots available) you get a temporary icon to use to smite.
On a hit that is a crit (with spell slots available) you get a temporary icon to use to crit smite.

So i'll be curious to see how larian implements it.

Also the homebrew magic items for pally will be interesting.. maybe temp hp to allies within 10 feet after a smite, and better heavy armor.

Seems pretty easy to smite pop ups on and off as a toggle. Nobody wants to use Smite on a generic goblin -- so it's good to be able to turn that off and not get pop ups if you're just clearing the outside camp. A fight that you may want to toggle the popups on is the warp spiders. Toggle on pop ups incase you're attacking the mother spider, or the spiderlings. The timer on the popup, perhaps 3 seconds long, is a good way to keep things moving.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by BROttorney
Originally Posted by LostSoul
A modder already has smites working per 5e.
On a hit that isnt a crit (with spell slots available) you get a temporary icon to use to smite.
On a hit that is a crit (with spell slots available) you get a temporary icon to use to crit smite.

So i'll be curious to see how larian implements it.

Also the homebrew magic items for pally will be interesting.. maybe temp hp to allies within 10 feet after a smite, and better heavy armor.

Seems pretty easy to smite pop ups on and off as a toggle. Nobody wants to use Smite on a generic goblin -- so it's good to be able to turn that off and not get pop ups if you're just clearing the outside camp. A fight that you may want to toggle the popups on is the warp spiders. Toggle on pop ups incase you're attacking the mother spider, or the spiderlings. The timer on the popup, perhaps 3 seconds long, is a good way to keep things moving.

Toggle may work (outside AOO) but toggle sucks.
It even doesn't trigger any visual effect / animation. Not appealing at all.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
All hail the dohritos pope

veteran
veteran
Called Reaction System. Booyah! Nice work Larian.

Big announces:
Reactions
Level 5
Paladin
Mike Mercer

Blackheifer
addict
addict
The patch is out. Restart Steam if it's not there for you.

E
E
Ok I'm a bit, ok VERY concerned, that you didn't ONCE mention Boo! You mentioned Jaheria and Minsc many times but never one word about Boo!???? I DON'T want Minsc if he doesn't have Boo! Seriously!
Also you never mentioned ANYTHING about actually fixing anything already plagueing the game. You know like disarm traps NOT working? I'm waiting for the d/l to finish so I can find out about things but I seriously hope you are actually fixing existing issues and not just adding more?
WHY exactly is it even called a "Pannel from Hell" if your not even talking about things we have addressed to you? I'm confussed.....

Last edited by Eyebreaker; 14/12/22 08:10 PM.
veteran
veteran
in other changes that snuck in this patch
[Linked Image from gog.com]

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
addict
addict
Make sure y’all rewatch the “perfection scene” in the mindflayer ship. Not sure if this is an old change cause I usually click past it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard