Originally Posted by Sven_
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
[quote=Lake Plisko]
I bought Solasta really ugly graphics even Neverwinter Online the old MMO is better graphics. Pillars of Etenrity one and also this game Pathfinder 2 is better graphics. They have in Solasta really ugly dollike characters. What is even worse it is impossible to edit character tokens for face because it is automatically generated from that dollike face. Well and speaking of linear story there you go ultra linear. I have head so many time defense that Solasta is low budget? Yes it is low budget you get what you buy. It is like saying cheap hostels are execellent. I am sorry but I prefer hotels to cheap hostels.

That's a bit of a stretch. The locations vary in quality and I agree about the character models whenever zoomed into. But in regular play, there's shots where I couldn't have told you whether this was BG3 (a game developed by hundreds) or Solasta (a game made by 17 people). The lighting effects can be pretty nice too. But then according to Vincke, a lot of the extra budget of BG3 goes straight into cinematics, that is character models and hours of their animations, meh.

https://i.imgur.com/nowNqjc.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/9tCttLM.jpeg

It's one of the reasons why their next project should specialize more. No cinematic dialogue (cinematics are the most overrated storytelling device in gaming anyway), just a focus on a decent setting, interesting scenarios and class tactical combat (similar perhaps to Blackguards as a template). You're not going to compete with the likes of BG3 like that either way. If you're trying, you're seen by players as you as BG3, but cheaper. But you can do better than BG3 if you truly specialize on one aspect. The comapany IS called Tactical Adventures, after all.

Solasta is a nice game and one I've gladly picked up DLC for also. It's a miracle that they even managed to include Co-Op and a campaign/dungeon editor, NWN style, despite the small team. The combat is more fun than in WOTR (or Kingmaker) too. Mechanically it's easily the best D&Dish adaption since Temple Of Elemental Evil in that regard (a few encounters are also pretty nice, which is where they should focus on more). Plus, they don't rely on tons of enemies in every location, which is such a relief (and despite the combat focus, you can even talk / charisma check yourself out of a few fights -- and/or make a decision that lets you skip a fight).
Well I am not done why I do not like Solasta. It has puzzles way more then to my liking. I dislike to think of puzzles and would not say I am dumb or bad in chess game. The easiest solution has been to use google for solutions. Made to last longer find this key piece to puzzle... pull that level there and so on. Well and if you get annoyed by jumping in BG3 I have got way more annoyed at Solasta terrain that forces you to do lots of jumping to proceed.

Well and then you say Solasta has better combat then BG3 or Pathfinder PC games? I have played Pathfinder 1 and BG3 and I have played Solasta. I have not noticed Solasta is better combat so far. The only issue is that BG3 does right now not have so many subclasses but it will have Paladin and Monk classes and more subclasses at full release.
What is better combat I think it is very subjective taste. I am not saying Solasta has bad combat. I am saying according to my taste BG3, Pathfinder game and Solasta all have ok combat and then it subjective taste what you like most of them.

Multiplayer support is great, but this is so new feature I checked they have released multiplayer support for Solasta roughly around Mars/April 2022. Well and then also that you can make customer adventures /dungeons is indeed great I do admit that.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 02/12/22 08:38 PM.