While I could be wrong (and I hope that I'm), I doubt they would change the strong linkage that exists between the story and long rests.

The dialogue often implies that they are about to sleep for the night or that they just woke up. So, in order to not have those cutscenes tied to the long rests, the dialogues would need to be changed as well.

In addition to trowing away potentially weeks/months of work, changing dialogues means redoing a bunch of VA and animation. Which takes time and money, and the game is supposed to come out in 2023 (Larian Studios has confirmed this). I would also be surprised if they made such a big change without giving any hint (like with the reaction system revision).

The suggestions made by OP seem more doable when taking into account all of those things.
Not perfect, but given the situation, a good compromise.

Those suggestions were made 3 month ago. I hope they had to time to take that into consideration for the upcoming patch.
I would really like to see that "ludo-narrative dissonance" addressed 🤞

Originally Posted by GM4Him
I REALLY find it hard to long rest frequently on current playthroughs, and I am having to really force myself to do so in order to see if any new dialogue content has been added. It's VERY unfun.
I agree smirk One really needs to spam long rests to check/unlock new cutscene OO

Last edited by MelivySilverRoot; 04/12/22 08:33 PM.