Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Salo Online Happy OP
Community Manager
OP Online Happy
Community Manager
We’ve just revealed some big news during this year’s The Game Awards – you’ll want to check out this trailer.

Gather your party – Baldur’s Gate 3 launches August 2023. New sights and surprises abound in this trailer, and we’d love to hear about what stood out most to you. Let us know in the comments!

More good news: Baldur’s Gate 3 Collector’s Edition is available to pre-order now! It’s a treasure trove of items for the adventurer in you, and it’s limited to 25k copies worldwide. Take a closer look at what’s inside and secure your Collector’s Edition here: https://ce.baldursgate3.game/

While launch is in August, there’s plenty more to unwrap before the year is out. Don’t miss Panel From Hell: Holy Knight on December 14th @ 10am PST / 6pm GMT - featuring special guest Geoff Keighley! Join us for a hellaciously festive stream as Swen Vincke and the dev team delve deeper into our Game Awards announcements and the contents of Patch 9.

Set yourself a reminder to watch! https://panelfromhell.baldursgate3.game/

See you next week 😈🎄

Last edited by Salo; 09/12/22 02:41 AM.
addict
addict
What a treat! This trailer will be the start of so many new theories and speculations on what's to come 😄

For one thing among many, apparently, Minsc and Boo might not be the only recurring characters from previous BG games :p

And the game looks so good! I can tell that Act 1 will look different as well based on that trailer.
Some places were recognizable but different/improved.

I'm so hyped...urg August seems so far now 😭

Last edited by MelivySilverRoot; 09/12/22 02:48 AM.
veteran
veteran
Trailer was awesome and looking forward to the panel as well, but more importantly the patch patch patch! ^^

veteran
veteran
Hey, that's Jaheria, right? I wonder who that guy in the gold armor is.

I'm guessing she's 'M' the Hag in BG. I wonder if the guy with the monocle is part of another faction there

Last edited by Sozz; 09/12/22 03:23 AM.
veteran
veteran
Is that an Orc with the Drider?

enthusiast
enthusiast
We see a couple third level spells (fly 1:00, lightning bolt 0:49, fireball 1:20, hypnotic pattern??? 1:18)

Could this mean level 5 in the next patch?
Also, we see the aasimar twice (once fallen Aasimar 0:16, and once protector aasimar 1:06)
Maybe the race for the next patch? (sadly no half orcs or dragonborn as far as I can see)

Also at 0:56 branding smite, possibly on a lv 5 Paladin Tav?

Probably the trailer and the next patch are not directly linked, but it is at least interesting, that they did not just show of lv 4 EA stuff, or, if they decided to show other finished spells etc, ONLY level 3 spells, not other interesting spells like animate objects etc

Edit:
My timestamps refer to the GameSpot trailer, which is for some reason 3 seconds shorter. So I may be of by a second or two smile

Edit 2:
Half Orc at 1:10 ???

Last edited by Qoray; 09/12/22 03:33 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sozz
Maybe those are half-orcs with the drider at 1:10. One might be a half-orc/half-drow
putting this back here

enthusiast
enthusiast
Maybe those are half-orcs with the drider at 1:10. One might be a half-orc/half-drow
putting this back here
So is it possible we get two races in the next patch? Or maybe just aasimar and a couple half orc NPCs?

Kind of disappointed about the lack of Dragonborn smile
But if this truly means lv 5, Wyll + Bard is going to be the new meta wink
Can't wait to fireball everything like my murderhobo heart desires

veteran
veteran
Judging by the look of the Orcs in the trailer, if they're final anyway, Dragonborn characters might be a little tricky choreography-wise. I would expect them last, if at all.

Did you hear anything about Aasimar being playable?

O
apprentice
apprentice
O
Omg this trailer is insane and so gorgeous.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Judging by the look of the Orcs in the trailer, if they're final anyway, Dragonborn characters might be a little tricky choreography-wise. I would expect them last, if at all.

Did you hear anything about Aasimar being playable?

No, just an assumption basedon the footage smile Would fit quite well with them releasing Paladins though.
Both stat wise and lore wise, they are ideal paladins, even more so than dragonborn.

veteran
veteran
00:23 looks like a new body type for the player, we can now be beefy as Halsin ^^

veteran
veteran
0:24 This is also the first look at Baldur's Gate I think we've gotten. That must be the tower of ramazith in the back.

Last edited by Sozz; 09/12/22 04:25 AM.
addict
addict
This is an awesome trailer. Couldn't help but notice that person turning into an OWLBEAR which is interesting. Larian might give druids more forms than the actual tabletop game allows.

Also that is one heck of an introduction for Minsc.

veteran
veteran
I think Larian is giving a nod to it because of the furor over it from the D&D movie trailer.

It's also interesting they avoided giving Minsc lines. I wonder if that's avoid spoilers about Minsc's state of mind, or if it just would have been too much of a tonal shift :p

Last edited by Sozz; 09/12/22 04:49 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Owlbears were changed to beasts apparently in BG3, but I don't know if the CR was changed too. Otherwise, that druid must be at least lv 9 (if he is a moon druid)

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
0:24 This is also the first look at Baldur's Gate I think we've gotten. That must be the tower of ramazith in the back.

Are we going to be able to explore all of that?

Because if so - that is insane.

It will also be interesting to see if they can manage to connect it all seamlessly without loading screens and stuff.

veteran
veteran
It certainly looks that way, if so, that would be...pretty wizard indeed.

veteran
veteran
Yay!!!! celebrate Great to get a release date!

Loved the trailer. I especially loved the owlbear wild shape form!

veteran
veteran
Maybe the owlbear wildshape form is a nod to the upcomong D&D movie, where the tiefling druid can change into an owlbear. It is to my knowledge not a normal wildshape form, but I like it.
The trailer looks interesting and I too am wondering, If we get aasimar as a playable raceor If those aasimars shown were npcs.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard