Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hello,
I LOVE what Larian studios does with their games and I support them fully.

But for once I want to report that I'm very surprised with this collector edition :
- those who bought the early access are scammed as there is no planned way to upgrade to collector edition
- the key holder is a tadpole, so it's ugly, I could never show that in public.
- the offer comes nearly in middle of December, I already spent so much for christmas gifts, black friday, cyber monday, Avatar 2 movie 3D booking... now I have to pay again nearly 300$. It would have been better to give us like 2 months to save some money and do a teasing before.
- the bonus Magic card are nice... except that I stopped to play Magic 20+ years ago... I feel I'm taking something nice from people who would dream to have those cards. I would also not like to sell them as it's part of my costly collector box.
- the other things are super nice and interesting, except that I would have loved to have 2 times the stickers : one to keep as collection, one to use
- the price is BIG ! I love BG3 and would be willing to buy... If I did not spent 60€ to buy the full game.

I'm sorry Larian but I feel you should do maybe an intermediate additional collector edition because this one leaves me mixed, despite being a MAJOR fan of Baldur's Gate and Larian Studios.

Also, regarding the new trailer, I was super happy to see some new stuff, it's entertaining, exciting and motivating, but I feel it was mostly scenes, characters and places we already did so many times in the EA. Anyway that was cool to see.

Anyway good luck and best regards

Last edited by Isenthal; 09/12/22 03:29 PM.
veteran
veteran
here let me help you understand why they could put literal poop in a box with Baldur's Gate III and it would sell.

"I have the Baldur's gate I and II collector's edition, i HAVE to get the Baldur's Gate III one!"

+

"only 25000 copies available!!!"

FOMO and nostalgia are powerful psychological manipulators.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Yes, I would be a great client to fall into this purchase, but actually I'm reluctant to buy it.
Even the statue, yes it looks great and as a teenager I would have loved to display it, but as an old fan of Baldur 1 and 2, now I'm an adult and cannot put that in my living room or bedroom.
I think I would have prefered something smaller or one Bhaal symbol or limited edition personnalized wallpapers (they generate a model and put the name of my main character on it)... things like this that I can actually see without filling my appartement.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Isenthal
Yes, I would be a great client to fall into this purchase, but actually I'm reluctant to buy it.
Even the statue, yes it looks great and as a teenager I would have loved to display it, but as an old fan of Baldur 1 and 2, now I'm an adult and cannot put that in my living room or bedroom.
I think I would have prefered something smaller or one Bhaal symbol or limited edition personnalized wallpapers (they generate a model and put the name of my main character on it)... things like this that I can actually see without filling my appartement.

and yet you'll probably buy it, right now you're trying to convince yourself why it's worth it, and you'll succeed. smile

Last edited by Boblawblah; 09/12/22 03:29 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Ahah the temptation is strong, this is true. I'll follow the reactions this weekend to see if many people feel the same and make Larian think twice, before putting again my money and maybe seeing another collector edition coming from nowhere.

veteran
veteran
Why, exactly, does being an adult prevent you from putting that in your living room, let alone your bedroom? It's not like it's something lewd/violent/generally nsfw.

Express your interests! Enjoying fantasy and D&D and video games is nothing to be ashamed of!

(If your house has a certain ambience/design and the statue would clash with that mood, that's a different issue. But simply "being an adult" shouldn't mean you can't display a cool mind flayer statue.)

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I know well over a dozen people in a different forum (non official forum) that are not going to buy the CE for just this reason.

It should have been relatively easy to incorporate it into the Lari Launcher. That is connected directly to your account and there is a pre-order button right on it.

Hopefully someone at Larin will realize the gaff and address it.

Last edited by Bobberuchi; 09/12/22 05:37 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Isenthalnow
I'm an adult and cannot put that in my living room or bedroom.

I'm an adult and have all my collectors edition unboxed in my living room.

That said, I agree that it's not kind AT ALL not to allow players that have alrrady bought EA to pay less and/or to have MORE - bonuses - goodies - or anything else.

I'm mostly sure EA owners will have something special but it will not worth the 2 copies of the game (1 will be useless) I had to buy both to play EA AND to have the collectors edition.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 09/12/22 06:01 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
[quote=Isenthalnow I'm an adult and cannot put that in my living room or bedroom.

I'm an adult and have all my collectors edition unboxed in my living room.

That said, I agree that it's not kind AT ALL not to allow players that have alrrady bought EA to pay less and/or to have MORE - bonuses - goodies - or anything else.

I'm mostly sure EA owners will have something special but it will not worth the 2 copies of the game (1 will be useless) I had to buy both to play EA AND to have the collectors edition.[/quote]

You could always sell your second digital key to someone else. However, I don't know anyone who would play this that does not already have EA

Is there any reason the code for the digital download copy couldn't be given/sold to another player? If I wanted the CE, my plan would be to give the included copy of the game to my husband.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Imryll
Is there any reason the code for the digital download copy couldn't be given/sold to another player? If I wanted the CE, my plan would be to give the included copy of the game to my husband.

Ask your husband to buy it then you give him the money back ! 😁

Don't worry, you will be able to link the key to the steam account of your choice.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 09/12/22 06:10 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
O
stranger
stranger
O
It would definitely be a good idea to have the upgrade option for those people that bought the game early on in Steam. As one of the many that wish to do that and as a supporter of the game and studio as a whole, the letdown will be quite big if this is not an option.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Originally Posted by orgos
It would definitely be a good idea to have the upgrade option for those people that bought the game early on in Steam. As one of the many that wish to do that and as a supporter of the game and studio as a whole, the letdown will be quite big if this is not an option.

Create a forum account to see if the EA prices is being discounted and agree with this 100%. With the price tag the way it is already and with the 60$ I spend on EA, I'm not dishing out an additional 265$ for it. Give it to the EA supporters for 200$ and I'd think about it but otherwise it's BS.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah I was thinking of getting it too but there is really nothing in there that I would want or really need.
Its just not worth it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I love art books and a cloth map would fit very nicely on our living room wall. And there is no such thing as too many dice - but 260 € is more than I can afford right now.
I wish there was a possibility to buy items separately, and long term, in a shop (I know, this is not the purpose of collector's editions, but it would be very nice).

One thing that I am most interested in is not included: I would really like to buy the full game soundtrack, I think it is one of the most beautiful video game scores, and definitely my favourite.
I hope we will be able to buy the OST on Steam, once the game is fully released.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I plan on putting aside 50 bucks a month...and hopefully there will still be some left unsold...and then I can snag one. But I doubt it. Hell...I will just buy the game and have tons of fun! Besides...I have to buy Diablo 4 and Starfield this Summer. I have never had so many great games all come out in the same year...this is a radical happening!

Last edited by Gretzky99; 10/12/22 02:54 AM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Sorry, when I said I'm an adult I cannot put the statue around, I did not mean adults cannot do that, it's just that my wife isn't in RPG or video game at all and she would not like to put a fantasy statue in the living room or else ;
So yes even if I buy, It would stay in the box. Though I would open the box once in a while and enjoy the craft, and keep the box around, as a nice memory.

Larian still did not mention anything about the early acces players that already bought the game?
I presume they need a lot of money to finish the game well and pay for an extended period of time so many teams of talented people, I understand that, but that does not seem fair to make us pay two times for the same video game (there is no advantage or special in game items or reserved area to discover for this collector edition).

Last edited by Isenthal; 10/12/22 10:45 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Eddiar
Yeah I was thinking of getting it too but there is really nothing in there that I would want or really need.
Its just not worth it.
That's the point of CE games, right? Nothing in there that you actually need. If you don't want this then you're probably not a collector.

- those who bought the early access are scammed as there is no planned way to upgrade to collector edition
- the key holder is a tadpole, so it's ugly, I could never show that in public.
- the offer comes nearly in middle of December, I already spent so much for christmas gifts, black friday, cyber monday, Avatar 2 movie 3D booking... now I have to pay again nearly 300$. It would have been better to give us like 2 months to save some money and do a teasing before.
- the bonus Magic card are nice... except that I stopped to play Magic 20+ years ago... I feel I'm taking something nice from people who would dream to have those cards. I would also not like to sell them as it's part of my costly collector box.
- the other things are super nice and interesting, except that I would have loved to have 2 times the stickers : one to keep as collection, one to use
- the price is BIG ! I love BG3 and would be willing to buy... If I did not spent 60€ to buy the full game.
Lot of strange reasoning. Of course it's christmas season, the best season to promote something you want to sell. Nobody really takes into account you already bought cinema tickets, cancel them if you want to buy something else?

Also like I said earlier - CE are ment for collectors. You don't have to use those things, they might just look cool on your shelf. Or resell what you don't like and keep what's precious to you. The only thing I can actually agree on is the fact most of us already own the game, so the bonus code is kind of...pointless, but still we can gift those or resell as well.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I dont mind the price, I like the contents apart from the stickers they should have been pins

Dont see why they made the 3 pack of magic cards limited to the first 15k let everyone should get it who has paid?

Im going to give my spare key to my girlfriend.

Im wonder how many copies of ce are left now

enthusiast
enthusiast
Had it comprised of 75mm resin figures of the EA release NPC's, say Shadow, Will and Laezel, I would have snapped one up. The rest of the stuff holds no interest for me. To me at least, it does not feel like a celebration of BG3 and its lore, rather a jumbled but probably well intentioned throw to please a wider audience. Makes financial sense but I would have preferred on top of the figures, items that celebrated moments in the game rather than the generalist merch included.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard