Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
- D/N Cycle
- Big rework of the resting system (mini camps will be spots on the map inside dungeons)
- Unexpected events/encounters when we rest
- Option for a party of 6 !
Seriously?! You are actually, sincerely expecting these things?

Yes I am wink

The resting system is far from being perfect for multiple reasons so I really think it will still be reworked in some way.
The fact that you can rest without a risk in some area, the fact that you cannot rest in ethel's lair... the mechanic does not make any sense / does not seem to have any logic players can understand in the EA build. So I really think something will change.

Unexpected event and D/N would add A LOT of life / believability to the world and we talk about it since the beginning so yes, I still hope it will be one of the upcoming surprise that will GREATLY improve the game. The shadow/light system also suck since the beginning so i also guess it will be reworked. A D/N cycle is the perfect way to enhance it and it is mostly confirmed that they'd like to have it in their games.

Party of 6 is a dream because a party of 4 will not allow me to create a party I like at release. It is the only one I just hope for but don't really expect.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 11/12/22 05:33 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
Day & night cycles would be a big +5 for me. Infravision, hide in shadows, burglary adventures (ref. Narlen Darkwalk), undead encounters, light /darkness spells, Ring of Shooting Stars, SpongeBob burning his hand on the grill, etc. all have day/night aspects and mood elements. And when we finally get to the City of Brass, it would be great to sneak around in the dark!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ixal
With the release coming close-ish and the reveal of two missable non-origin companions, one expected, the other not, what do you think Larian is still keeping a surprise?
More (optional) companions?
Very happy to hear about the game having nonorigin companions (if correct). I am looking forward to hearing about other nonorigin companions!🐻

Having full VO for the pc is another thing that could be a surprise.😊

Looking forward to any other surprises!🎄🎄🎄

Last edited by Icelyn; 11/12/22 06:25 PM.
T
Banned
Banned
T
Jaheira was very beautiful indeed in her youth like 5 star exotic model I think. She is halelf so that is why she has aged a bit. She is still enough ok look so could be a companion.

That said here is a lovely thought also theoretical absolutely no info about this. It would be interesting to meet next generation Jaheira saying here is my daughter or my niece she is young adult and maybe would like to join you. That would be indeed in my book a lovely surprise. Anyway I would accept Jaheria as well as possible companion. Well and even the interaction between them would be interesting if both of them would be in the party Jaheira and her niece or daughter.

Regarding Minsc if Hamster Boo is dead then I hope he will get a new hamster smile.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 11/12/22 08:04 PM.
veteran
veteran
So another potential surprise-a small one-that could be waiting for us upon full release might be Githzerai as a playable option. From what little I've seen, they look basically like Githyanki, so models won't be too much of an issue. They're already including Githyanki, so there isn't an obvious reason not to include them.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
If Minsc and Jaheira can turn against a presumably good PC
I assume they will turn against an evil PC => thefore something to counter the balance their absence if players chooses the evil path. So far only killing tieflings can result in loosing a companion, but who knows how act1 will develop further.
Okay, but the evil party still has the gith, the vampire, and the Sharran. That's a full party. The good party, however, has nobody (neutral companions not inclusive) until we meet Minsc in Act 2, and then still only half a party.

Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
There are no Good characters right now :-/

No one still believes that do they? It seems pretty obvious that SH is meant to be "good" and the rest are more grey. I think the obvious shift in SH's personality over the course of the EA have shown that Larian was talking out of their ass when they said they were giving us the evil party first. What we have are the main origin characters. They're meant to be our main party, like it or not.

At least from what we've seen, that's my opinion.
Sorry but no. SH does NOT count as good, at least certainly not in Act 1. And you can't count the neutral companions as "good" either. Thus far, Minsc is the ONLY "good" companion. So as things stand right now, my good PC will have to go with two neutrals and one evil companions. That does NOT constitute a good party, which means Larian is forcing me to not be able to play with a good party (one neutral among four would be acceptable). This goes against their assurances that we will be able to play with a good party.

veteran
veteran
Sorry but no. SH does NOT count as good, at least certainly not in Act 1. And you can't count the neutral companions as "good" either. Thus far, Minsc is the ONLY "good" companion. So as things stand right now, my good PC will have to go with two neutrals and one evil companions. That does NOT constitute a good party, which means Larian is forcing me to not be able to play with a good party (one neutral among four would be acceptable). This goes against their assurances that we will be able to play with a good party.

You think they're going to add at least 3 morally good origin companions from the beginning in addition to what we have now? I just don't see it. I haven't kept up with the data mining really at all, but you'd think they have wanted to show a few of the good characters if they were going to be available from the start.

I hope you're right, and we do indeed can create a full good party from the beginning of the game, but I really don't see it. Larian doesn't really do good and evil, they like to make things gritty and morally ambiguous.

veteran
veteran
Gale is an obvious good companion. He always stands up for the innocent, he always favors negotiation over violence, he always feels guilt for doing something bad. Oh, wait, if you hate BG3 - you can ignore this and say that there are no good companions. I mean, Wyll is evil right? He helps innocents just to get paid!! Surely his bravado completely negates all of his deeds. I mean, a devil pact?! Must be bad full stop.

D
addict
addict
D
I'm kind of happy that there isn't a "lawful evil" or "neutral good" on the character sheets this time. It gives us the ability to actually discuss NPC alignments based on actions. Much more nuance this way.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah

You think they're going to add at least 3 morally good origin companions from the beginning in addition to what we have now? I just don't see it. I haven't kept up with the data mining really at all, but you'd think they have wanted to show a few of the good characters if they were going to be available from the start.

I hope you're right, and we do indeed can create a full good party from the beginning of the game, but I really don't see it. Larian doesn't really do good and evil, they like to make things gritty and morally ambiguous.
Why would they need to be origin characters? I don't care for their origin system, so I'd be perfectly okay with non-origin characters. As for when we get them, yes ideally they'd be available early. But since I'm now well past this game actually being good, I'd settle for getting them in Act 2 if that's what it takes. Much of BG3 is about settling for things anyway.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by neprostoman
Gale is an obvious good companion. He always stands up for the innocent, he always favors negotiation over violence, he always feels guilt for doing something bad. Oh, wait, if you hate BG3 - you can ignore this and say that there are no good companions. I mean, Wyll is evil right? He helps innocents just to get paid!! Surely his bravado completely negates all of his deeds. I mean, a devil pact?! Must be bad full stop.
No. Both Gale and Wyll are clearly neutral and definitely not good-aligned. Their character backgorunds are clearly neutral as good-aligned characters would not have done what they both have done. Furthermore, Larian themselves have stated the companions introduced thus intentionally did NOT include any good-aligned companions. Neutral characters can support "good" actions, just as they will also be okay with "evil" actions, so long as they can justify those actions either way. That's the whole point of being neutral.

Also, keep your passive-aggressive bs to yourself.

Last edited by kanisatha; 12/12/22 03:55 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by S2PHANE
There was a frightening lack of the Dragonborn race in the trailer if you ask me.
That's criminal, I agree frown

Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Jaheira was very beautiful indeed in her youth like 5 star exotic model I think. She is halelf so that is why she has aged a bit. She is still enough ok look so could be a companion.

That said here is a lovely thought also theoretical absolutely no info about this. It would be interesting to meet next generation Jaheira saying here is my daughter or my niece she is young adult and maybe would like to join you. That would be indeed in my book a lovely surprise. Anyway I would accept Jaheria as well as possible companion. Well and even the interaction between them would be interesting if both of them would be in the party Jaheira and her niece or daughter.

Regarding Minsc if Hamster Boo is dead then I hope he will get a new hamster smile.
Jaheira a model? Do you remember her BG2 portrait? I still have nightmares. Besides, looking good has nothing to do with a character to be "ok" as a companion.

And no, please no children of previous BG1/2 companions, that would make some things canon and I don't want to entertain the idea someone bonked Jaheira during BG2.

Also nothing would ever replace Boo!

Originally Posted by dwig
I'm kind of happy that there isn't a "lawful evil" or "neutral good" on the character sheets this time. It gives us the ability to actually discuss NPC alignments based on actions. Much more nuance this way.
Yes. But also there are those people that will tell you to your face that snarky=evil and you have no alignment to shove right back at them.

D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by Vitani
Yes. But also there are those people that will tell you to your face that snarky=evil and you have no alignment to shove right back at them.

There will always be dumb people making dumb comments, regardless of how the game is built. Not worth worrying about.

veteran
veteran
No. Both Gale and Wyll are clearly neutral and definitely not good-aligned. Their character backgorunds are clearly neutral as good-aligned characters would not have done what they both have done. Furthermore, Larian themselves have stated the companions introduced thus intentionally did NOT include any good-aligned companions. Neutral characters can support "good" actions, just as they will also be okay with "evil" actions, so long as they can justify those actions either way. That's the whole point of being neutral.

Also, keep your passive-aggressive bs to yourself.

The difference between a neutral and a good character is in their motivation. Neutral character cares more about themselves while good characters care about the others. Gale puts the safety of others above his personal desires, as he states he'd better blow up in solitude rather than threaten the lives of others. Alignments can shift with time. By your logic, you shitting on BG3 here once or twice makes you neutral in alignment for all the years to come, no matter what good and useful deeds you do in the future. Let's count Gale's actions we can actually witness during the story.
Good things:
- Stands up for Arabella situation (no personal motivation)
- Stands up for negotiation over violence in the grove with Zevlor/Aradin (no personal need)
- Stands up for negotiation over violence if you try to fight Kagha immediately
- Feels happy with saving Mirkon from the harpies
- Leaves the party if you side with goblins
- Approves of helping Ethel with the "bullies" (no personal motivation, count in the fact we don't know her true nature by that moment)
- Approves of helping Mayrina even if it means a lot of trouble with the hag
- Approves of killing Minthata as she threatens to butcher the whole grove and so on
Bad things:
- Signs with Rafael if you ignore his plight for artifacts and he is threatened to blow up and kill a lot of innocents

This is 1000% a neutral good behavior. Should I put out the same list for Wyll? Also, keep your advice to yourself, I'll figure out how to write my posts without your assistance.

Last edited by neprostoman; 12/12/22 05:38 PM. Reason: Typos
veteran
veteran
The difference between a neutral and a good character is in their motivation. Neutral character cares more about themselves while good characters care about the others. Gale puts the safety of others above his personal desires, as he states he'd better blow up in solitude rather than threaten the lives of others.
-snip-
[list of "Good vs Bad Things"]
I wouldn't call this putting the safety of others above his personal desires. It's more: "if I'm almost certainly going to die, I don't want to kill a bunch of people along with me." Which is nice, sure, but not Good. At this point, when he knows he's going to explode in the next few hours and almost certainly can't be saved, there's no real cost to secluding himself.

Similarly, most of the positive things in your list don't come at any significant cost to Gale, so they're more him being nice than Good. He's certainly closer to Good than to Evil, but I'd still peg him as overall Neutral, as not much indicates he'd sacrifice things important to him in order to help others.

If anything, I'd say the single Bad Thing on his list (making a deal with devil to preserve his own life) shows more of his Alignment than practically any of the Good Things.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
The difference between a neutral and a good character is in their motivation. Neutral character cares more about themselves while good characters care about the others. Gale puts the safety of others above his personal desires, as he states he'd better blow up in solitude rather than threaten the lives of others.
-snip-
[list of "Good vs Bad Things"]
I wouldn't call this putting the safety of others above his personal desires. It's more: "if I'm almost certainly going to die, I don't want to kill a bunch of people along with me." Which is nice, sure, but not Good. At this point, when he knows he's going to explode in the next few hours and almost certainly can't be saved, there's no real cost to secluding himself.

Similarly, most of the positive things in your list don't come at any significant cost to Gale, so they're more him being nice than Good. He's certainly closer to Good than to Evil, but I'd still peg him as overall Neutral, as not much indicates he'd sacrifice things important to him in order to help others.

If anything, I'd say the single Bad Thing on his list (making a deal with devil to preserve his own life) shows more of his Alignment than practically any of the Good Things.
Perfectly put.

And of course there is also Larian themselves saying that they introduced only the evil and neutral companions first and NOT the good ones because they wanted to get player feedback from people playing an evil party. Something being very conveniently ignored by certain posters.

enthusiast
enthusiast
...considering how in 3.5e Warlocks were allowed to be chaotic good (playing with dangerous powers but with good intentions), I'd say that it's pretty much a spot-on archetype for Wyll there. He's also the only companion to turn on you if you decide to side with Minthara during the grove battle, so that stands for something - whereas Gale is more of a goodish-leaning true neutral, who approves of actions that are well-intentioned and reasonable but does consider a deal with Raphael because it could be a potential solution to his problem, and tries to mitigate the collateral damage of his arcane STD.

addict
addict
Just adding my recollection too that way back Larian confirmed that majority of early access companions would not be good aligned …so no surprise to see some balancing of that in full release.
Mind you as with everything these things can be a little subjective - most of the origin characters strike as self serving maybe chaotic neutral but not outright evil….having said that it’s early days yet !

Last edited by Tarorn; 13/12/22 09:06 AM.
veteran
veteran
Keep in mind, that we only see a fraction of the companions personality. Shadowheart probably will turn out to be a braonwashed Selunite and will become good aligned later on, while Gale might full blown darkside .

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
Originally Posted by fylimar
[...] while Gale might full blown darkside .

I hope it's not he's only fate, but yes, given the artworks that depict him, we do get that vibe :

[Linked Image from static.wikia.nocookie.net]

Note : images are from the wiki

I mean, maybe it's just the usage of lightning spell but it does scream UNLIMITED POWERRRRRR!!

I know that's probably controversial here (especially with the hatred people have against certain characters), but I do think that all the companions we currently have could "switch" between :
1. Not evil (neutral, even maybe good for a couple of them)
2. Somewhat or fully evil (honestly, for all of them)

All depending on Tav's involvement and choices (do we confirm their beliefs or challenge them).

But that's just how I see it of course ^^

Last edited by MelivySilverRoot; 13/12/22 12:14 PM.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard