Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
addict
addict
Just got mine. I have the 2 originals CE and couldn't pass on this.

Overall a good package, but would like more lore material, a case and the soundtrack included.

Did anyone get a confirmation that the booster packs are included on your order?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Vitani
Originally Posted by Isenthal
- those who bought the early access are scammed as there is no planned way to upgrade to collector edition
- the key holder is a tadpole, so it's ugly, I could never show that in public.
- the offer comes nearly in middle of December, I already spent so much for christmas gifts, black friday, cyber monday, Avatar 2 movie 3D booking... now I have to pay again nearly 300$. It would have been better to give us like 2 months to save some money and do a teasing before.
- the bonus Magic card are nice... except that I stopped to play Magic 20+ years ago... I feel I'm taking something nice from people who would dream to have those cards. I would also not like to sell them as it's part of my costly collector box.
- the other things are super nice and interesting, except that I would have loved to have 2 times the stickers : one to keep as collection, one to use
- the price is BIG ! I love BG3 and would be willing to buy... If I did not spent 60€ to buy the full game.
Lot of strange reasoning. Of course it's christmas season, the best season to promote something you want to sell. Nobody really takes into account you already bought cinema tickets, cancel them if you want to buy something else?

Yes that's pretty obvious than throwing out of the blue the collector's edition in the end of the second week of december is way too late for most people. Most have already spent their Christmas budget. The offer just came suddenly whereas we are still waiting for patch 9. It's obviously a very hard work to prepare all this package and they were probably working on it since the beginning. So it feels weird that suddenly they just throw that, with little explanations.
They usually elaborate very nicely, collect feedbacks, observe a lot most players reactions... Here it looks like they forced to rush the selling before Christmas, the FAQ is super small and the players advices were not sollicitated for once.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3

Overall a good package, but would like more lore material, a case and the soundtrack included.

Did anyone get a confirmation that the booster packs are included on your order?

I was super reluctant to buy, but I'm too crazy about this game, I still did it.

However, when I ordred I noticed on the PDF a code like this :
Invoice #2022/12/CE00xxxx
so I presume that CE00xxxx match the number of orders already done.
Anyway 15K on 25K will get the cards so it's most of them, if you bought today you should be into it.

apprentice
apprentice
I was wondering if anyone knows if thre are also ingame digital goodies included in the CE? Bit weird if not, but I don't see any mentioning of it.

Edit: typos

Last edited by Aelorin; 10/12/22 10:59 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Aelorin
I was wondering if anyone knows if thre are also ingame digital goodies included in the CE? Bit weird if not, but I don't see any mentioning of it.

Nope. Larian does not do the preorder or exclusive in-game stuff like majority of other companies do, which is one of the reasons why I love the studio. They keep their games pure.

S
old hand
old hand
S
I would love to see something in between the digital release and the costly collector edition. Maybe something with a steel case? Plenty of possibilities there!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Nope. Larian does not do the preorder or exclusive in-game stuff like majority of other companies do, which is one of the reasons why I love the studio. They keep their games pure.
Yup. It must be said, that Larian has been putting their games first. I hope they will continue being successful.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Yup. It must be said, that Larian has been putting their games first. I hope they will continue being successful.

Well they do give one thing - Early Access for "pre-ordering". But that is more to help the game.

This is something Larian does that is awesome. Also, props to them for not leaning on expansions and DLC. I love that they release full games and so far in their history the only DLC they have released has been free and actually pretty good.

I'll also say that after they setup this whole D&D based engine (or customized their engine for it) I really hope they follow up BG3 with another D&D game as to cut down on development time and give us another big AAA RPG sooner (hopefully). smile

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Isenthal

I was super reluctant to buy, but I'm too crazy about this game, I still did it.

However, when I ordred I noticed on the PDF a code like this :
Invoice #2022/12/CE00xxxx
so I presume that CE00xxxx match the number of orders already done.
Anyway 15K on 25K will get the cards so it's most of them, if you bought today you should be into it.

Congrats, it is a good CE.

I was thinking the same thing re: serials, but Larian explicitly said it would be stated on the confirmation email. Mine was on the 6000ks, so it is selling fast.

Last edited by IrenicusBG3; 11/12/22 03:20 AM.
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Somebody in reddit contacted support and got a response that they had a change of plan regarding the mtg card confirmation emails and they don't send those out. If the number in the receipt i.e. CEXXXXX is below 15000, it's safe to say you are getting them.

veteran
veteran

Original CE ? You mean the collector of the enhanced edition, right ?

If no, could you please share a picture of the original Baldur's Gate collectors edition ? I even didn't know there were one and I cannot find any informations on the internet.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 11/12/22 12:23 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

If no, could you please share a picture of the original Baldur's Gate collectors edition ? I even didn't know there were one and I cannot find any informations on the internet.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pandemonium/4371954673

It was much simpler back then, but still cool given collector's edition were rare then.

Last edited by IrenicusBG3; 11/12/22 03:15 PM.
stranger
stranger
First post! Hi! laugh

And now down to business. I've been following the BG3 news for some time now, and I saw yesterday that CEs have been announced! When I tried to order one though, I noticed that there's no option for Asian buyers (Oceania only lists Australia and New Zealand). Does that mean that we Asian fans are out of luck when it comes to buying a CE? Say it ain't so! frown

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pandemonium/4371954673

It was much simpler back then, but still cool given collector's edition were rare then.

Thanks a lot smile
Very much simpler yes but you are lucky to have it.
That said it is mostly the same than the regular original box I have so it's ok, I won't HAVE to find and buy it grin

Last edited by Maximuuus; 12/12/22 07:40 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
apprentice
apprentice
I already pre-ordered the CE as it´s my first BG game i think i´ll play entirely, not because the first ones arguments are bad in any way, but they aged pooly even for the EE, so when i tried to play them now i just couldn´t continue until the end.

My question is, if i´m not going to use the Magic Cards, do you think people would be interested in buying them? It would be a waste just to leave them laying around.

Last edited by JackTheReaper; 12/12/22 10:10 AM.
M
M
I have the CE's of all previous BG games, but I won't get this one. There's not enough in it I am interested in too justify 250€ for me. The stickers are ok, the cloth map is great and the art book is 'ok', though I have been burned there with a better art book being released separately. Don't care about the Diorama or a keyring. There's isn't even a lore based manual written from an in-game perspective.

Examples of good CE's for me include Oblivion (with the pocket guide), all the old Ultima games, Baldur's Gate 2 and even Siege of Dragonspear (whatever else you think about those). Those were all cheaper too, by at least 50%. Not saying it is a scam, for all I know the Diorama and the Art Book is driving the cost, but I really couldn't be interested any less in a Diorama.

Give me a 100€ version with the cloth map, a trinket and a nice manual and I'd be on-board. But even then springing this after paying for EA feels really bad.

C
stranger
stranger
C
It's a pretty good CE compared to other games recently. That said I was surprised that there is nothing "sweetening" the deal for existing EA owners.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The collector's edition looks really threatening --- but as someone who was thirst-trapped into 500+ hours of Early Access, the only two things that I want is the art book, an in-depth writer's journals with all the process and lore behind the origin characters, and multiple layers of game commentary on release for being such a great Early Access guinea pig (by Swen and the devs, by the writers, by BORIS SLAVOV, THE LOVE OF OUR UNLIVES, and by the voice actors).

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Hi folks!

Well, for what it's worth, my two copper pieces' worth. laugh

When I saw that they had announced a "collector's edition", I was initially curious, then somewhere between angry and annoyed that there was no Upgrade Option for the people who'd already purchased Early Access. That, to me, just seems like a cheap ploy to extract more money out of their fanbase. I've enjoyed early access, and goddamn it, there should have been some kind of a price break for the faithful fans who ponied up two years ago for the promise and premise of the game.

And my other reactions after seeing the 'collectibles' were.... meh.

I suppose the statue is okay, and I always like maps. As for the rest, I don't play Money ... I mean, Magic: the Gathering anymore. The character sheets do nothing for me. The key fob is just *UGLY*. And the final killer for me is the cost. $270 U.S. becomes $366 Cdn. And that's just too much, period. ouch

What I *REALLY* want is the artbook - keep the rest of the stuff.

And I also wanted a Soundtrack option for purchase, dammit. grin

Anyhow, your mileage may vary. That's just my thoughts. laugh

SKP

Last edited by SkyKnight.Prime; 14/12/22 04:14 AM. Reason: Typo
veteran
veteran
I believe the artbook and soundtrack will be digital, same as Divinity Original Sin 2 has the extra digital goodies available for purchase.

My guess why they didn't include a soundtrack CD with the collectors edition is because music might not be fully done yet for the game, as we're being introduced new compositions each patch. So that may most likely come later ^^

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard