Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
This topic: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=835054#Post835054
Made me thinking about the encounter ...

And i must say that simmilar as with Arabella, i find our dialogue options to be insufficient the situation.
Im aware that Larian likes to put us in the situations, where we have to pick if we wish to be shoot into left, or right knee ... well, i preffer to not be shoot at all. laugh
And im also aware that there IS an option to persuate (or decieve) them to leave and therefore save themselves ...

But once you fail that roll (and you most likely dont have much inspiration gathered by that time) ... you get to situation where you can only pick who is going to die.

What i would really like to see would be single dialogue option added saying:
"[Persuation] (Dif 5) Look, its 5 vs 2 ... you are outnumbered and surrounded, i shall not let you kill her (meaning Lae'zel), do you really want to throw away your lives like this?"

And the best part?
This can easily be followed by the same leaving scene we allready have! Where Damays just say "Come Nymessa" and they both walk away.
And you can even use allready existing voice like from Lae'zel, where she says: "It would be faster to just kill them."

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Also, I would like another option of non-lethal combat in conjunction with a reunion. That is, I can support Lae'zel in combat, but I wouldn't kill Nymessa & Damays, just knock them out, and later, when the dust settles, I would meet them at the wreck of the Nautoilid as they both investigate the crash site and have another conversation about the first meeting with both of them including subsequent consequences.

I don't like the fact that Nymessa & Damays just disappear like that. Even the stranded fisherman could be met again in the previous patches after they were rescued on the beach. I would also like to see both of them back as defenders against Minthara's attack on the Druid Grove.

Link Copied to Clipboard