I'm surprised to see people surprised, I thought this was normal lol grin

Basically what I do is this;

• I always go 14 Charisma for my main character regardless of what class I decide to play (Thief/Ranger/Barbarian) because I love the story and want to be successful in revealing it.
  • Max out attitude with Dammon and Arron in the Grove by giving them enough items for free. About 150-200g is enough to max out attitude with them.
  • To Dammon I sell exclusively all generic weapons and armor that I loot
  • To Arron I sell exclusively misc items (books, junk items, bags, scrolls that Gale already learned and so on)
  • I loot everything that is not bolted down and spread item weight across all 4 of my members due to encumbrance (Lae'zel is usually the one carrying all the weapons and armor, Shadowheart books, I usually carry all the junk) and my 4th whatever remains
  • Once all 4 of us hit the weight limit, I go back to the Grove to sell.
  • Food, alcohol and unique items are immediately sent to stash from the container window
  • Potions I carry on me, but I never get to use them nor want to use them, so I stash most away

So 50k-75k gold and all the stuff I displayed is really just playing the game normally, not even me trying to min-max it. If I wanted to min-max it I could go 100k minimum at least, by going full Charisma with Wyll and then painstakingly giving him all the items so he can sell them, but that is so boring and unintuitive to me.

And you could go infinitely further even;

• For Shadowheart go Dexterity and give her the unique ring for Sleight Of Hand, so she ends up having about +7/+9 Sleight Of Hand, along with her Guidance which gives +1/+4. She is an Urchin and gets inspired by doing thievery. She did nab the Weapon after all.
  • Money is easier to steal than items. But if the vendor has too much money, you won't be able to steal it. So what you do is manipulate their gold weight.
  • The idea is to keep their gold around 1000-1500. Any higher and it will be hard to steal it back. So if you buy stuff, you should then sell stuff to lower their gold and steal what remains
  • By doing so you gain everything you want and lose nothing in return. And you almost never ever fail the rolls because Shadowheart is a natural at it.

So there are so many ways to earn money and be so filthly rich that by the time you get to Baldur's Gate, you may as well buy the whole city as you'll be richer than the entire continent grin

But as I said I don't min-max really and I don't exploit the game as it's just not fun. So basically I just enjoy the game and love exploring/looting so that 50k-75k is nothing really. I consider it normal and usually end the game with around 72k average.