@Flooter
Missing on story beats to me is linked to this issue...but I feel like we are started a circular discussion so this will me my last answer within this exchange with you.

If it's something I missed because I didn't rest at the precise good moment (Zorru/Sazza triggers) or because I didn't spam Long rests (owlbear cub situation) : cheated.
If it's a new cutscenes discovered by exploring or talking to NPCs I had previously missed/ignored, and I could properly trigger the cutscene without feeling like I need to spam Long rests : rewarded (happened after recruiting Barcus Wroot the first time for example ^^)

I mean, you won't be able to convince me that the current system is not without its flaws. Wanting to get the most of a game is not an rare want. There are a lot of people who prefer playing this way : completionists and/or just people who want to learn about all the companions and the main story. Because, yes, some main story elements are locked behind this system. That's something I love so much with the Dragon Age serie. There was a lot to do. But I have never felt "cheated" by the game for missing things and every companion stories could be enjoyed on one playthrough without cheesing things so much.

I don't like the cheap ways to add replay-value by punishing those players. The existence of several races/classes/paths/quests and what the players do with them allow for a lot of replay value already.

Last edited by MelivySilverRoot; 18/12/22 03:41 PM.