Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Our main character is lucky to have such a considerate and kind friend like Astarion, who likes to make fun of dire situations and plays a purely hypothetical game with us about how we would like to go in case we start exhibiting symptoms. So I'm curious how others prefer to go.

I personally always choose the knife. "A classic! One good thrust to the heart and you're gone". I think he likes me grin

"Humor me, if you had to choose..."
multiple choice, up to 1 choices
Votes accepted starting: 18/12/22 07:02 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
veteran
veteran
Wait, when we we make this choice? I've never gotten this before. But I'd probably pick poison.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
You need to rest before meeting the Dreamer, so that Lae'zel can inspect you for tentacles and say it's odd how we're not showing symptoms yet. Then talk to Astarion and he'll make jokes about it.

Important to know that just because a companion doesn't have an exclamation mark above them, doesn't mean they have nothing unique to say. I always talk to everyone each time I take a rest as they always have something awesome to say ^^

veteran
veteran
Are "we" picking for oureself ... or our ingame avatar? O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
H
apprentice
apprentice
H
You can pick decapitation, if you ask him first.

addict
addict
It depends on which character I'm playing. My canon character would pick knife (bard). It's more dramatic.

I don't recall "Strangulation" being one. Did you mean "decapitation" (as mentioned by Hyde)?

There is also the "If I die I'll take you with me" missing.

Last edited by MelivySilverRoot; 18/12/22 11:03 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I (or rather my Tavs) would choose the knife, too.
My bard and my sorcerer have a penchant for the dramatic.

Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
"A classic! One good thrust to the heart and you're gone". I think he likes me grin

Bonding over possible suicide options is one way to start a relationship grin

veteran
veteran
Strangulation by a fireman

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by MelivySilverRoot
I don't recall "Strangulation" being one. Did you mean "decapitation" (as mentioned by Hyde)?

There is also the "If I die I'll take you with me" missing.

Oh he mentions strangulation, along with freezing to death as well. Though I was not aware about decapitation and taking him with us. That's because I don't have it in me to be rude towards my fellow companions ^^

Originally Posted by Lyelle
Bonding over possible suicide options is one way to start a relationship grin

What can I say, he knows the way straight to my heart grin

addict
addict
That's because I don't have it in me to be rude towards my fellow companions ^^

I wanted to try all outcome :p Also, it fitted with my Draconic Bloodline Sorcerer (fire) who was a bit more defensive when mentioning him dying πŸ˜… (He actually responds well to that answer btw πŸ˜„)
Don't worry, you are talking to someone who wholeheartedly enjoys Astarion as a character and his fun hypothetical questions πŸ˜„ (like who would we pick among the companions if we wanted to drink their blood).

Haha, I don't know why, but that made me think of this : clip (I promise, no Astarion were harmed during my playthroughs)

Last edited by MelivySilverRoot; 18/12/22 02:33 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

πŸ˜‚

Haha, I don't know why, but that made me think of this : clip (I promise, no Astarion were harmed during my playthroughs)
πŸ˜‚
(I can make the same promise, I do not harm him either)

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I wanted to try all outcome :p Also, it fitted with my Draconic Bloodline Sorcerer (fire) who was a bit more defensive when mentioning him dying πŸ˜… (He actually responds well to that answer btw πŸ˜„)
Don't worry, you are talking to someone who wholeheartedly enjoys Astarion as a character and his fun hypothetical questions πŸ˜„ (like who would we pick among the companions if we wanted to drink their blood).

Oh I know, us Astarion fans are as rare as Sussur bark. And I do love that conversation so much, excellent for another thread!

Also the answer is Lae'zel grin

enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh I know, us Astarion fans are as rare as Sussur bark. And I do love that conversation so much, excellent for another thread!

I love this conversation, too.
I imagine some slightly disconcerted looks from across the camp, when the other companions overhear parts of this conversation πŸ˜‚

My answer to this (of course hypothetical question πŸ˜‰) is Lae'zel as well.

veteran
veteran

I get the impression, that the Astarion fans are legion, especially on sites liek tumblr. YOu can't go one post without Astarion fanart - which is bad for me, but would probably nice for you.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by fylimar
I get the impression, that the Astarion fans are legion, especially on sites liek tumblr. YOu can't go one post without Astarion fanart - which is bad for me, but would probably nice for you.

I like how Larian adressed this with the OnlyFangs commercial. I think it was funny, without making fun of anyone.
It's funny how polarizing this character seems to be - at least he leaves no one indifferent πŸ˜„

For some he is an ass, for some he is a star - he's Astarion! (Sorry, could not resist this very stupid pun)

addict
addict
For some he is an ass, for some he is a star - he's Astarion! (Sorry, could not resist this very stupid pun)

*Horny bard mode on* You can have fun with an ass *Horny bard mode off*
Sorry πŸ˜…

Last edited by MelivySilverRoot; 18/12/22 08:39 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
No need to apologize πŸ˜„

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar

Oh that's a shame, I don't use Tumblr. But great to know we are legion! grin

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Very good! grin

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thank you! I was afraid that I might be dealing psychic damage with my stupid puns.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard