Originally Posted by Wormerine
That nude models exist doesn't necessary need to indicate anything. During Deadfire's patched one of the sidekicks was graced with fully finished, nude model. The guy responsible for modeling explained that they always start with nude model and then create clothes on top - they just copied a wrong file by accident.

It is true that model creation always start with Ken/Barbie type of a body model, and in rare ocassions sometimes even a fully detailed nude body model. Beyond Two Souls for example had a fully textured nude model of Ellen Page's character Jodie, despite the game not having nudity whatsoever. However in this case it's a fully detailed female genitalia 3D model that snaps onto the bulge area of the main body model.

Which is why it caught my attention, because I work with 3D models all the time and normally you do not do that. So from a gameplay perspective it seems to be made intentionally modular and replacable, especially since there are files for males too named "censored"/"uncensored"/"slightly censored" and such, it makes me believe that there will truly be genital customization because there is no denying that BG3 is an inclusive game.

It supports pronouns and supports fully free character customization for transexual main characters. Because of this they cannot just use full body models, but have to make the genitals modular so transexual minorities can roleplay properly if genitalia are included. And since it is an 18+ rated game, the addition of genitals would further drive inclusivity by being able to choose;

• Male/Female body
  • Male/Female pronouns
  • Male/Female genitals

I just don't see someone making a mistake of creating or even copying a vagina, a leaf meant to cover genitals and male genital files as well. So I believe they are going for more realism and making sure everyone can create a character that fits their roleplaying vision.