Originally Posted by Maximuuus
It would be extremely cool of course.
But we are talking about "flying" for a lot of time now and I have lost hope for a proper flying system.

Your suggesiton does not look as simple as that to me though.

In exemple :
- What happen when you have to climb a wall ? Does the characters have a special animation ("flying along the wall") or do they just grab the wall and climb as other characters then fly again when they are at the top ?
- What happen when there is a river or any other obstacle you cannot cross on your feet ? Does the flying character has to avoid it or jump in the air even if they are higher ?
- What happen if someone target your flying character with, let's say fireball, shockwave or any other AoE spell ? Does it target the 10ft high area or the ground ? If it target the air, what happen with surfaces effects ? Burning the air with your fire arrow ?

True (though I have not been on the Forum for long), but then we did not actually have the fly spell, so now we can actually playtest and this is proper feedback.

As for the other points:
- I mean, you can do that now. Just start the animation 10 ft higher... You fly basically the shortest path to the point you click on (or in my case if you hover above that point). Like jump, but without the arch
- I do not understand that point tbh. You would solve that exactly how you would now, only that you could now target spots above places you otherwise might now, since they are not themselves dangerous (I could click on lava, since the air above the lava is not burning)
- I would limit knockback stuff for now to only horizontal. Spells in 5e have a 3d shape (cone, sphere, ...) so that is how you target people above you smile
- You fly above surfaces without touching them (that is already how it works now), and if someone targets you with for example a chromatic orb, no surface appears. Just like rn surfaces can not appear anywhere