Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hey,

I was very surprised to find this item in my last playtrough. I think it was somewhere in Grymforge.
Won't talk too much about shove again but seriously, you are over doing it...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Being rewarded when you shove does not make any sense lore-wise and it also offers a painfull gameplay. Shoving each turn to have +1 AC ?

I think you should turn it into a Ring of Protection that always gives +1 AC but also +1 to ST.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Players need to feel that they become stronger. A better AC makes our character stronger but a better AC only if you shove is often useless.
As a regular Ring of Protection it would be a very good reward for level 5 characters exploring a dangerous dungeon without the chore of having to shove at each turn to be more powerfull...

Last edited by Maximuuus; 21/12/22 11:04 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Agreed, the ring makes no sense right now. AC +1 might be too powerful though because AC stacking is in general very strong. You already feel like a power creep with all the level 5 damaging spells and extra attacks and the game feels so easy. Dunno. But It is nonetheless better than what we have now, because AC on shove is nonsensical.

Edit: +1 to ST is much wanted though and would help with remaining concentration a lot. There aren't many useful rings in the game anyway, so I might use it on a SH or Gale.

Last edited by neprostoman; 21/12/22 11:10 AM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by neprostoman
Agreed, the ring makes no sense right now. AC +1 might be too powerful though because AC stacking is in general very strong. You already feel like a power creep with all the level 5 damaging spells and extra attacks and the game feels so easy. Dunno. But It is nonetheless better than what we have now, because AC on shove is nonsensical.

I agree that the game is very easy with level 5 characters on the surface but I think they have done a pretty good job at balancing Grymforge.
I didn't struggled too much but I don't think I would be overpowered with an additionnal +1AC on a character.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
Damn, it seems just a small thing, but this ring enrages me! Now, they are literally trolling us with this item buffing their homebrew Shove mechanic. I will not easily forget this, Larian!

addict
addict
that ring was in EA since start they just moved it btw...

Link Copied to Clipboard