Originally Posted by Sven_
Speaking about weather, climate and lighting. Has anybody noticed how well done the dynamic weather and daytime changes are on this? Last year I only noticed this subconciously. Like, when I started a dialogue outside in bright sunlight and occasionally the screen went darker, as clouds are "simulated" moving across the sky.

Then I just went to a couple places and "waited" 1 an hour or 2 for 24 hours via the in-game function to do so. Most recently I did it on a "desert" kind of map in the world wound. When I arrived, I came into the middle of a blood storm, with lighting everyhwere. Then the storm turned into rain and an hour later it had stopped. Night turned into day, the mood completely changed, as did the lighting. Even the shadows are moving accordingly to the passing of time. Tbh, not sure whether I've seen that in an isometric RPG yet quite like this.

Kingmaker was a while ago, but I only remember the passing of seasons (which also was a neat touch).
It looks pretty good, I like the atmosphere it adds to some scene. Problem is that it never serves any game play purpose. I remember only two times in WotR where a specific quest has to be done as at a specific time of the day and weather is just cosmetic.