Print Thread
G
Gmelo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Hello,
I recently installed BG3 on a M1 MAC OS machine choosing an external drive as the installation location, the games starts normally but my profile is gone, and when I try to create a new one the game crashes. Has anyone encountered this ?

Thanks !

veteran
veteran
the game is not suppose to run on an external drive because external drives are only designed for storage... the fact that you use Mac or Windows is beside the point

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
G
Gmelo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
I run solesta and Pillars out of the drive with no issues, if you look online its a pretty common pattern for these heavy disk usage games.

veteran
veteran
a lot of people say the world is flat as well

also profiles have been done away with in patch 9 , really its a case of everyone has just the single profile now and game saves are sorted by character name so don't start a new run with a character that has the same name as your old run or the files get corrupted

you could try opening the old profile folder [without the game running of course] and remove all the profile folders [make a backup if you want to go back to your Patch 8 saves later] then fire BG3 up and it should recreate the folders it needs

p.s, the 2 issues with running software [of any kind] from external drives is the plug can drop in and out + the drive is considered an outside source so not trusted

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.

Link Copied to Clipboard