Originally Posted by Eyebreaker
Like I said some games are centered around sex but D&D and Baldur's Gate definitely is not. It's an insult. I'm seriously losing interest in this game and I hate that idea. It's D&D. It's Baldur's Gate. It's SUPPOSED to be a fun GAME. But it's really not and I honestly don't have high hopes that it actually ever will be from the looks of things. It's been turned into a very bad joke.

Really? Again? A bit less hyperbole, more nuance and a recognition that your preference is just one amongst many would make for more constructive debate. And if you’re not interested in constructive debate then it’s not really fair of you to come here and just shout your opinions at us all.

As I’ve said elsewhere, I’m not a fan of extended explicit sex scenes for a couple of reasons, but they’re still a tiny, tiny part of the game as a whole and I’m sure will be skippable. Even if the Minthara scene went on twice as long (and my preference would be that it were far shorter) I don’t think it could reasonably be said to constitute centering the game around sex. And whether or not it’s actually shown on screen, making sex potentially part of our characters’ story seems perfectly valid. Loads of fantasy adventures in films, TV and books have plot elements that include romance and/or sex and for me it would be a huge gap if BG3 didn’t accommodate this.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"