Originally Posted by Lastman
well they made evade difficulty terrain for the feat. That ignores Aoe that gives difficulty terrain buff the question is can they do the same for aiming...
Nah, there is difference ...

Difficiulty terain just gives you debuff ... in order to bypass you just need to make your character ignore that debuff ... exactly as Blinded condition from Darkness is removed if you have this invocation.
Jut debuff gone and you are fine. smile

The problem here isnt debuff itself ...
Its that system-wise you are unable to shoot into, or out of Darkness (or Fog Mist, and probably other simmilar spells if there are any) bcs its border acts like a wall.
And if you would want to fix this ... you would need to somehow make it for Warlock character that this Darkness is not there at all. So that "wall" blocking your attacks would disapear.

It still feels buged to me tho ...
I mean, the whole usage of Darkness or Mist is weird ... i would say that both spells need serious rework ...
Right now, IF this invocation would work, our Warlock would become practicaly invincible ... nothing can target him, and he can target anything. :-/

I cant help but feel like every target (or at least hostile targets) should become invisible inside the fog/darkness ... we should be able to randomly attack and hope for hit (with Disadvantage) ... aswell as they should be able to shoot out (with Disadvantage ofc) ...

Then Devil's Sight would allow us still see our enemies AND it would remove disadvantage.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown