Originally Posted by Back_Stabbath
Originally Posted by GM4Him
I agree that the tone of this topic is extreme and hostile and over the top, but it's not as simple as you make it out. I would like the ability to have romance without seeing two pixel models doing it. Romance does not equal sex.

I will never, ever understand the sort of people who can watch hours upon hours of wanton and graphic violence but suddenly start clutching their pearls at a 45-second sex scene.

The game is rated M. If you don't like games that are rated M, then don't play them.

Also, there are story and dialogue wrapped into the sex events in BG3 that you miss unless you watch the sex scenes.

Such as?

I am also not keen on the vulgarity of the duergar. I get it. Story wise, it fits, but I don't like it and would love to have a beep out system so I don't have to hear or read their vulgarity everywhere I go in Grymforge

This could all be solved by Larian providing an option to fade to black and censor foul language.

Rated.

M.

Do they have the right to not do this and to leave as is? Absolutely. No question. Would it be nice if they provided the censor option? Absolutely. I would have a ton more respect for them if they did.

That's crazy, I would lose respect for them if they deviated from implementing promised features in order to essentially make a version of the game that is rated T and delay the game even further.

Not every game is for everyone. If you believe it'd be unreasonable to ask Nintendo to add sex scenes to Animal Crossing, then what you're doing is exactly as unreasonable.

Wow. Why so hostile? I'm not asking them to remove the sex scenes and vulgarity. Just provide an option - maybe - if it isn't too much trouble, for the sake of increasing their own sales potential to reach a greater audience.

There are people who don't like watching sex scenes but they like violence. There are people who can't handle violence but they love watching sex on screen. There are people who hate cursing and those who curse like sailors because they don't seem to like normal speech.

M does not mean Sex. It means Mature for various possible content. Also Baldur's Gate 3 is a sequel that many want to play because of the story and characters. Some people, like me, struggle to buy a game like BG3 with an M rating that says it has sex scenes because I've been burnt before.

There are games where you walk into an area and a graphic sexual thing happens. Those are immediate Nope games to me. If I can play the game and at least avoid the sex scenes, I'll buy it and play it, so for that I am grateful to Larian. However, when a game puts content into sex scenes so that I have to watch them to gain insight into characters backstories etc, that's not cool.

I've struggled through the weird Minthara scene once, and I remember dialogue that helps you learn a little more about her character and backstory. I remember Astarion having some sequence about his past and his back scars. I can't remember anything else because it's been like 2 years or something, but whatever. The point is, content can be missed unless you watch sex with pixels.

Finally, I like romance in games, but I like it when they either don't include the sex aspect or they fade to black. BG games did this in the past when you develop a romance with one of them. I remember Seige of Dragonspear, developing a romance with the Captain lady. At the end, you have the option to sleep with her. If you say yes, fade to black. No weird sex animations, noises, etc. But the romance was there throughout the game. That was fun.

BG3 romance is abrupt, graphic and weird, and I don't enjoy it. I'd like the option to remove it.