Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Spoiler alert for the link below.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chubblot/status/1601346045812015105

So many folks were just certain it wasn't an Aasimar, she was an Angel, wrong although some folks were right about who she was.

I pointed out that Assimon, the most common form of D&D Angels, usually don't wear Armour in their true forms (yes I know Zariel and Battle Angels of Tyr are exceptions). I was right and I right about them being playable for full release.

Last edited by Omegaphallic; 28/12/22 04:51 PM.
veteran
veteran
And ...
Are you goint to tell us based on what you were right, or just state it and leave it? laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
Is Chubblot a Larian employee or a YouTuber detective?

F
addict
addict
F
Youtuber, does entertaining vids and really into BG3. He did a whole lot of datamining early on until Larian made it harder. I think he also communicated with Larian because he's careful with his spoilers and is more about playful hype.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
And ...
Are you goint to tell us based on what you were right, or just state it and leave it? laugh

Ieft a link to a tweet with a gifs file as evidence, watch it with the sound on.

Last edited by Omegaphallic; 29/12/22 12:30 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
having an aasimar NPC does not guarantee that you will have playable aasimar. what makes you think of that?confused

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by ALexws
having an aasimar NPC does not guarantee that you will have playable aasimar. what makes you think of that?confused

1. In earlier version of EA there were racial tags for Aasimar so clearly a desire among devs for playable Aasimar

2. Aasimar aren't a monster race like Goblins, there are no Aasimar monster stats in 5e, it's a straight up PC race. They aren't going to build all those race mechanics and graphics for 2 NPCs only, they will use them for player characters.

There are some datamined stuff about "really" racial tags that point to Aasimar probably being playable. Really meaning that you are actually an aasimar using disguise self or something equivalent.

We'll see, but chances are high.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Krom
There are some datamined stuff about "really" racial tags that point to Aasimar probably being playable. Really meaning that you are actually an aasimar using disguise self or something equivalent.

We'll see, but chances are high.
There has been datamined stuff about a lot of "really" races. Taken from a Chubblot video :
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I am pretty sure those are either for NPCs or just placeholder waiting to be scrubbed out.

Last edited by snowram; 29/12/22 06:24 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

1. In earlier version of EA there were racial tags for Aasimar so clearly a desire among devs for playable Aasimar

2. Aasimar aren't a monster race like Goblins, there are no Aasimar monster stats in 5e, it's a straight up PC race. They aren't going to build all those race mechanics and graphics for 2 NPCs only, they will use them for player characters.
a lot of the tags get removed later without any update(unlike dragonborn half-orc, they get updated). you really shouldn't rely on early datamined materials that much. also making unique assets 1-2 characters still does not guarantee that's accessible for players. really shouldn't get your false hope on something they did not announce officially.

veteran
veteran
with the sound on.
This was the problem! laugh
Thank you. smile

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
with the sound on.
This was the problem! laugh
Thank you. smile

Your welcome.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

a lot of the tags get removed later without any update(unlike dragonborn half-orc, they get updated). you really shouldn't rely on early datamined materials that much. also making unique assets 1-2 characters still does not guarantee that's accessible for players. really shouldn't get your false hope on something they did not announce officially.

In isolation agreed, but it's in a broader context of evidence.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard