Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I've sent this via feedback form, but I've also read that doubling up and popping it into this forum is also a good idea. So, here we are.

At the big old camp party scene, my Tav ended up choosing to spend the night with Astarion. Prior to that, Gale had expressed his disappointment in her choice, and offered to tell her a bedtime story the next night.

The next night/long rest, upon heading to camp, there was an automatic cutscene with Shadowheart
(she needed space after experiencing negative symptoms from an unknown source)
, but I still got the exclamation mark for Gale's story. So I spoke with him.

Tav took him up on the offer for the bedtime story, and accepted his offer to spend the night together, which triggered the usual "I'll find you later tonight" dialogue. However, after clicking on the bedroll, the cutscene that played was a repeat of the "I see you've come to take me up on that bedtime story" with (cinematic pending) dialogue options, before showing a quick flash of companions around the fire, and then booting the party back out into the world as though I had chosen to leave camp. No story, no romance, nothing.

I tried replaying the scene a bunch of times, and it happened no matter what combination of romantic dialogue was chosen. I also tried waiting until the next long rest in case the issue was caused by the Shadowheart scene playing in the same night, but there was the same issue. Declining his advances and picking platonic options (e.g. "I won't betray XYZ", or "i'm not interested") were not bugged, and resulted in the expected backstory etc, so it looks like just the post-Astarion romance options are bugged for me. Also,the Gale romance/backstory reveals all work when Tav chooses Gale at the party. I guess the issue is only triggered by multitrack drifting frown

I hope that I explained this clearly - I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions.

Thanks for being so open to feedback and bug reports - I have really enjoyed early access so far.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Gale should tell his bedtime story to non-romanced characters (that he likes?) the night after the party, but this doesn’t give you any romance with him. From memory, it’s triggered entirely in conversation rather than by clicking on the bedroll.

So it sounds like a bug if he’s actually offering to spend the night rather than just tell a story the next day. Do you not get an option in your dialogue with him the night after to ask him to just go on and tell you?

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
addict
addict
There is an option to bed both characters actually, if Gale is flirted with during the "Weave scene" and/or "Loss scene" but the player sleeps with Astarion (or another companion but I can only confirm this scenario) after, then, the following night (I believe), Gale offers to sleep with him as well.
This is an intended scenario/option given that there are lines of dialogue where Gale acknowledges what happened (the flirting, the sleeping with someone else).
And this, indeed, seems to glitch out the bedtime story.

Last edited by MelivySilverRoot; 29/12/22 12:08 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by MelivySilverRoot
There is an option to bed both characters actually, if Gale is flirted with during the "Weave scene" and/or "Loss scene" but the player sleeps with Astarion (or another companion but I can only confirm this scenario) after, then, the following night (I believe), Gale offers to sleep with him as well.
This is an intended scenario/option given that there are lines of dialogue where Gale acknowledges what happened (the flirting, the sleeping with someone else).
And this, indeed, seems to glitch out the bedtime story.

Ah! Well I learn something new here every day. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that, but then I don’t tend to spam rest to get those scenes of Gale’s unless I’m intending to romance him at the party. (I have had him express interest at the party but not got this option, but perhaps that’s because I’d not flirted with him, or perhaps it was because I slept with someone other than Astarion when it happened.)

Apologies for my misleading reply, OP!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I'll live in hope that it'll be fixed one day, so I can indulge my multiple romance heart. I'm sorry to hear that you're getting the same glitch, but I guess it's good to know that it's not not just my save or whatever frown

addict
addict
@The_Red_Queen : I've discovered that thanks to a youtube video (here). While I unlock those scenes every time, I don't really flirt with Gale usually 😄, especially not as the same time as Astarion.

Originally Posted by Swampdemon
I'll live in hope that it'll be fixed one day, so I can indulge my multiple romance heart. I'm sorry to hear that you're getting the same glitch, but I guess it's good to know that it's not not just my save or whatever frown

Oh don't worry, I've only wanted to try it, but in the end, it's not for me 😅 I'll stick to the disaster vampire 😅
That being said, I do hope they fix it for those who choose that path! I'll be surprised if they didn't, it's obviously broken 😶
And I love that it exists, it's interesting that they are allowing this type of drama!

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
@The_Red_Queen : I've discovered that thanks to a youtube video (here).

Cheers, I’ll take a look!

Originally Posted by Swampdemon

Oh don't worry, I've only wanted to try it, but in the end, it's not for me 😅 I'll stick to the disaster vampire 😅
That being said, I do hope they fix it for those who choose that path! I'll be surprised if they didn't, it's obviously broken 😶
And I love that it exists, it's interesting that they are allowing this type of drama!

I kind of like romance arcs where the first attempt falls apart or doesn’t go anywhere and you need to build a second relationship. Various BioWare games are quite good at that.

But admittedly it would normally take more than one night for me or my character to move on!

(Not that there’s anything wrong with it, especially as all parties seem fully aware of what’s going on!)

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Got an email response from the devs to say that it's a known issue and should be sorted by release smile

Link Copied to Clipboard