Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
addict
addict
F
One thing that occurred to me is if I was Larian I would want to add at least one subclass for every early access class when the game goes live. However, some classes already have all their PHB options (Bard, Barbarian, Druid, Ranger, Sorcerer) so it seems that these are most likely to get non-PHB subclasses.

Now, I plan on looking at each of these in turn, to see which subclass I think is most likely. So I was racking my brains over barbarian, until I remembered The Path of the Storm Herald (Xanathar's Guide). This seems right up Larian's street, with the ability to radiate elemental surfaces when raging.

Last edited by FrostyFardragon; 03/01/23 09:41 AM.
F
addict
addict
F
Bard up next. The OP's suggestion of College of Eloquence is basically just an improved vanilla bard. I don't think Larian would want to include any subclasses that are so much more powerful than the others that no one plays anything else. Personally I like College of Swords, but I think that is thematically too similar to College of Valour. I predict College of Whispers. It's thematically distinct (psychic superspy) and straightforward to implement in the game engine.

Last edited by FrostyFardragon; 03/01/23 09:30 AM.
F
addict
addict
F
Druid. There is just something about The Circle of Spores that makes me think it would appeal to Larian. It's thematically distinct without getting too far from core druidness (Circle of Stars I'm looking at you).

Ranger. Fey Wanderer. I think the Gloom Stalker wanders into too-much-better territory, Monster Hunter is too thematically similar to Hunter, Swarmkeeper requires extra graphics, and Drakewarden is Beastmaster+.

Sorcerer. I would go with Shadow for this. The three recent non-suck sorcerers have to be ruled out on the basis of being too much better than the PHB options. As a pet class Shadow offers district gameplay as well as narrative options.

Last edited by FrostyFardragon; 03/01/23 09:51 AM.
stranger
stranger
Hexblade Warlock

Sorcerer - Aberrant Mind
Rogue - Soulknife

Both are options I feel would fit the theme of BG3. I also wish there was a psionic monk path to follow, but 5e currently does not have one, though Astral Path is close in some regards.

B
old hand
old hand
B
War Domain Cleric.
A Deity Dedicated Paladin of sorts.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Phantom Rogue - built-in Speak with the Dead, AoE sneak attack and Astral Shift

Swashbuckler Rogue - Charisma-focused rogue

Something Psyonics-based would be cool and would match the theme of the game perfectly.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard