Originally Posted by Hintermist
Originally Posted by Doomdrake
A mediocre fighter? Maybe at lvl 5 when fighters gain extra attack. Until then a Bear druid with Barkskin is not much worse than Lae'zel with her starting armor and a greatsword. Every fighter/barbarian/paladin will always outperform a moon druid in the later levels in melee because of magical items and feats anyway.

Hard disagree. Bear claws are 2d4+4. 6-12 damage. That's it. No weapon attacks, no dipping in fire, no coating with poison or anything. There's no way to enhance it. Any level 2 martial class can out damage a polar bear druid if they just use their stuff. And that's just with using regular 2h weapons with no special enhancements.

Grab the flaming sword from the nautiloid and you'll have much more damage than a polar bear before the druid even learns polar bear (for like literally 2 minutes, but still!)

Special Weapon attacks and dipping is Larian homebrew and as such is not balanced. I too could say that in my pen&paper campaign every weapon deals an extra die of damage and it would mess up the balance just like Larians ill thought out homebrew does.

And since you have omitted my point about magical items favoring martial classes in your response I have taken the liberty to highlight it again for you. The sheer flood of magical items in BG3 right now is also not something that should be seen as normal.

Hmmm .... strange how Larians hamfisted homebrews are negativly impacting the balance of the classes.

Last edited by Doomdrake; 30/12/22 03:26 AM.

Solasta D&Does what BG3 D&Doesn't.