Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by The_Red_Queen
Yes, good point. Krem certainly garnered a fanbase and is an example of successfully introducing a trans character into a fantasy RPG. Bioware also have at least a couple of less successful examples of fortunately smaller cameos for (possibly) trans characters in DA:2 and MEA that now spring to mind, but at least they are trying and are willing to learn from their mistakes!

And as you alluded to in your post above, it helps when the companies making games have a diverse and representative staff who can help make sure that LGBT+ characters in their games are portrayed realistically.

I don't recall anyone in DA2 though I'm not noted for my keen observational skills; and with that in mind, even I thought the cameo in Andromeda was extremely clumsily handled. Yikes. They did a much better job with Krem though parts of his dialogue still felt a bit artificial. Nice work by Shouty Shepard with the voice acting, tho'.
In DA2- it's in the Mark of the Assassin dlc, during the party scene in that dukes estate.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who