Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Originally Posted by Merlex
Originally Posted by Montegue
- Why can't I apply Sneak Attack when someone invokes an Attack of Opportunity from my Rogue? Why can't I apply sneak attack damage to my off hand attack if my main attack misses?

I'm not sure how I feel about AoO sneak attack not being in the game. WotC is currently planning on removing it from One D&D (6e).
As I understand it, WotC is currently only considering removing off-turn sneak attacks from One D&D.

That's basically what I meant. It's out in the current UA. WotC will change things, if enough people want it. That's what the surveys are for.

Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Regardless, BG3 is built upon the framework and balance of 5e, so rogues should by default have the ability to sneak attack during opportunity attacks unless there's some compelling reason to take it away from them in Larian's implementation of a 5e game.

I don't really know 5e Rogues well, I don't play them much. I usually skip Rogues in the party, other skills based Classes can fill that spot for me (though Thief Astarion with 3 hand crossbow shots a round is sweet). They've always seemed underpowered to me since 3.5e. I'm not against AoO Sneak.