Originally Posted by Terminator2020
I agree have not played Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 1 but there are so many fans I know it was very good game even excellent depending on taste. Which is odd considering I have seen Tv series like True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, The Strain that are all more or less about Vampires. Well and movies like Fright Night I like them both the old one from 80ies and the more modern version and I have seen all Underworld movies. Of course many other good movies and Tv series about Vampires exist, but I wanted to mention at least something.

My biggest fear is that they are going to do with Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 what they did with Lord of the Rings TV series completely ruining it then it would not even be a 7/10 game. Perhaps I am being paranoid?
I don't keep Bloodlines in such high regard as some, though I do think it is a seminal RPGs that needs to be played, if one has interesting in RPGs. The vampire theme isn't to my taste, combat and overall gameplay feel is horrible, but it is probably the only RPG I can think of that handles varied races well. Some vampire clans offer a very unique playstyle, fulfilling their roleplaying concept, which is a unique achievement considering most RPGs (including BG3) tend to sand off the interesting bits for the simplicity sake.

I think it is very warranted to be sceptical about the sequel - it will be tricky to nail it for the second time. Bloodlines greatness is content driven, rather then mechanical, so devs need to come up with another batch of great content, rather then just adapting what B:M did. B:M was also build on Troika's unreasonable ambitition, and it is something that perhaps shouldn't be directly replicated. B:M is after all a cult classic - meaning I didn't sell well, and without hard work of the community it still wouldn't as playable as it is now. Troika's games came at a cost, and that cost was studio shutting down. I don't think that's a path that anyone wants to emulate.

Personally, what we have seen of M:B2 looked awful to me, so the reboot under different studio is only a positive thing in my eyes. Hopefully, Paradox CEO's are not lying to appease shareholders, and we will hear something about the game soon. It is odd they didn't even reveal who is working on the game now, but I also understand if they want to wait until they can show off more before revealing anything.

Last edited by Wormerine; 05/01/23 12:16 PM.