Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi,

I defeated Nere, but afterwards the game apparently did not register it and the quest log in the journal still seems that the fight is only about to start. I consulted the walkthrough and apparently one gnome should approach me and tell me about the gnomes in the Moonrise Towers, but this did not occur. I tried to approach gnomes myself, but got only one-line non-interactive dialogues apart from the one who is in love with Philomeen (I lied to her and told her she's dead). Now, after rest, the gnomes are not even there anymore.

I know about troubles many people had that the gnomes can become hostile - this happened to me as well, but I reloaded and was careful not to hit them in any way, so this is not that case.

[img]https://ibb.co/HzCZ85y[/img]

[img]https://ibb.co/ts5VBVD[/img]

Last edited by Flowerpot; 31/12/22 12:28 PM.
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
for whatever reason any AoE spell aggros the gnomes too. Can't use fireball...

Last edited by BROttorney; 03/01/23 10:09 AM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the answer. smile But that is not the case - I was very careful and the gnomes were not aggroed, they just... did not talk to me afterwards as if they were freed, i. e. the key dialogue in the quest was not prompted.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
How did you plan things out with the duergar in advance? I schemed with Elder Brithvar to betray Nere, and when the time came followed through so he and his duergar fought with me against his.

BUT right near the end of the fight one of Brithvar's clerics decided to cast a big dome of silence over the central platform that just stayed up after the fight (not sure if she was still concentrating or if this is a bug too). And because Brithvar couldn't speak in the usual location of the autotriggered cutscene after Nere's death, the quest just got stuck. I did manage to catch him when he briefly popped out of the silence dome but talking to him then didn't trigger the same dialogue choices to either get him to free the gnomes peacefully, let him go with them or fight to free him that would move the quest on.

I ended up doing the whole blooming fight again, and was not impressed!

I seem to recall having a similar issue in a previous patch when I'd sided with Brithvar and he'd got shoved into lava, and I'm not sure if that is fixed either.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks, that will be it! The dome of silence happened near the end of the fight and I was not able to trigger any dialogues inside it, so it makes sense that it stopped the scripted dialogue execution as well.

Is this enough for a bug report, or should I report it somewhere else? (Sorry, I'm new here, so still learning the ropes. smile )

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Flowerpot
Thanks, that will be it! The dome of silence happened near the end of the fight and I was not able to trigger any dialogues inside it, so it makes sense that it stopped the scripted dialogue execution as well.

Is this enough for a bug report, or should I report it somewhere else? (Sorry, I'm new here, so still learning the ropes. smile )

For something like this, as opposed to an issue that everyone sees, I believe it's helpful to submit a bug report to Larian via the form on the launcher or their support website and attach a savefile to help them diagnose the bug. However, in this case I have a save showing the issue that I was going to send off, so I'll do that now and mention this forum post to show it's not just me!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Flowerpot
Thanks for the answer. smile But that is not the case - I was very careful and the gnomes were not aggroed, they just... did not talk to me afterwards as if they were freed, i. e. the key dialogue in the quest was not prompted.

oh, yeah. I know. I'm just piling on with additional problems with the encounter.

Link Copied to Clipboard