Doesn’t the fact you can simply pay to get your oath back make the whole ‘you’ve broken your oath’ feel a bit ‘who cares’ anyway?
Originally Posted by Back_Stabbath
Before, I thought it was just odd how there's no "She's cool, let her go pls" persuasion option. Now though, it's goddamn absurd with the addition of Paladins.

For those unaware, when you're playing a Paladin and find Lae'zal stuck in the cage after escaping the Illithid ship, the deception option gets a [Paladin] tag. Given what we know about oathbreaking, and how lying goes against your oath (for Devotion, at least), it seems like the only options to not break your oath are to either abandon Lae there, attack the tieflings, or to tell the tieflings to kill her. Those options seem MUCH LESS paladin-like to me, but maybe I'm crazy.

It's silly how just telling the truth isn't an option given how the truth isn't that ridiculous. The line could be like "You think she's evil because she's skinny and yellow? Have you seen your horns and tails? Run along now and I'll clean up your mess."

Last edited by SgtSilock; 06/01/23 10:36 AM.